Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 198

Re: The Member's Guide to Topiclessness

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2012-09-29 03:29:11

So Infinitypedia had voldernauts spamming on it practically every second, and I ended up locking the database. (They're still going to attempt to access it, aren't they?)

I suck at being an admin that keeps things alive, sue me.

As an aside, it would be funny if real volternauts were somehow lured to a PvP MMORPG where they proceeded to be used as grind material by the resident players.

That is, I think voldernauts would make for a great random encounter in a (silly) RPG. I wonder how well MMO-roguelikes work out…

[size=8pt]"A wild VOLDERNAUT attacked!"[/size]

I did mention that issue somewhere a week or two ago… good to know someone sorted it though :P

Anyway, how's it going, Mu? You seem to be very good at disappearing…

Posted by: Kyoukipichi
Date: 2012-09-29 19:17:50

I did mention that issue somewhere a week or two ago… good to know someone sorted it though :P

Anyway, how's it going, Mu? You seem to be very good at disappearing…

I'm doing fine. Been playing Kingdom Hearts lately. And yeah, I'm never really active on GCLF.

I just blanked Infinitypedia because voldernauts were still trying to spam the site even with the database locked. I'll just leave it that way for a while in hopes they go away. I still need to figure out how to clean up the spam pages (and probably the user accounts as well).

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2012-10-02 00:26:53
I just blanked Infinitypedia

Is there any way to get the legitimate pages back? D:

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2012-10-02 09:23:39

The database isn't blanked.

Date: 2012-10-04 00:07:25
I wonder if some forums limit the number of formatting tags you can use in a post, because color tags can be amazingly abusable. At the same time, it's not likely anyone would do this, nor have I seen people do this, because it's relatively difficult to do such a thing.

Best viewed on a dark background. http://mercurylampe.ath.cx/randomcode/randomcolors.php

Alternatively, for a much more visible effect on these white forums, have some rainbow text to show how extremely abusable [color] can be.

Date: 2012-10-08 09:45:44

How do I access the database when the wiki's frontend has gone?

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2012-10-08 15:03:20

How do I access the database when the wiki's frontend has gone?

You don't.

Date: 2012-10-08 21:17:21
D:

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2012-10-22 21:55:25
we need more members here http://communityorange.freeforums.org/index.php

Date: 2012-12-19 21:03:38
Carl Miller, if you see this post, I've moved the etherpad off Infinitypedia.

Here's the link: http://75.71.204.158/pad/

You can also access Infinitypedia at http://75.71.204.158/w/ but the wiki is currently locked from editing.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2012-12-26 02:09:21
Anyone else ever just like, read back on their first few posts from when they joined?

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2012-12-26 20:54:52
I look at all my old posts on my accounts and just cringe… It's hard to believe I had no forum etiquette back when I first joined GCL of course this was my first forum. I was a complete internet n00b, since I didn't have a great connection ever at home until late 2006 and I stumbled across this site. Comparing my old posts with posts now, you probably couldn't tell it's the same user. :V

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2012-12-26 21:24:33

I look at all my old posts on my accounts and just cringe… It's hard to believe I had no forum etiquette back when I first joined GCL of course this was my first forum. I was a complete internet n00b, since I didn't have a great connection ever at home until late 2006 and I stumbled across this site. Comparing my old posts with posts now, you probably couldn't tell it's the same user. :V

Ever gone back and read any fiction you wrote when you were younger? I don't mean stuff when you were like eight (the stuff we wrote then was and forever will be genius), I mean that embarrassing 50-page fanfic you wrote where you create your own character for some game universe and he single-handedly defeats everyone and oh God fucking make the memories go away.

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2012-12-26 21:57:56

Ever gone back and read any fiction you wrote when you were younger? I don't mean stuff when you were like eight (the stuff we wrote then was and forever will be genius), I mean that embarrassing 50-page fanfic you wrote where you create your own character for some game universe and he single-handedly defeats everyone and oh God fucking make the memories go away.

xD I've never wrote any bad fanfiction, I did post some at a forum that no longer exists though. So I can't look at it because the thread wasn't archived along with tons of other threads. (Though the forum has been archived…)

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2012-12-27 00:13:13
http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php/topic,1161.0.html

-cries tears of nostalgia-
Oh, my first forum days, how good were thee.