Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 226

Re: The Member's Guide to Topiclessness

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2016-11-23 13:34:44
Ahh. Thank you Sato. :]

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2016-11-23 14:36:31

Ummm, so have you changed your gender or you didn't know it the whole time?
Anyway, I'm currently beating the e4 rematch on Sun.

To be honest, if I word it as "I changed my gender", someone will tell me off, and if I say "I was a female all along", people will get confused and/or tell me off, so I just gave up and worded it half-way both I guess. Anyway, the wording's not important.

Wish the best for you Zowayix.  :) Good luck! You may be pleased to hear you're not alone, I want to identify as female too. I haven't had any feelings of dysphoria when I was younger, but it's just like I feel it matches me to be female. Because of the stereotype (re: 'born in wrong body' etc.) I have read there may be stigma in which people might say things like 'not trans enough'. Initially it made me anxious until I realized these are just some people's views. Everyone is different and we can be ourselves without fitting in with other's expectations, and I feel we have the right to express ourselves in the way we like.

I never quite understood the "known since I was 5" narrative, myself. I don't think it actually happens that often at all, maybe in these days where children are educated (are they?) but for people of our generation we wouldn't have had the ability to identify dysphoria or know what transitioning is.

Hopefully, with enough visible transgender people talking about things, we can put an end to such narratives and to most of transphobia as well I guess. I feel like most stereotypes are just due to people not actually knowing reality…

You two are good respectful people and it's a good thing to see you happy.

Me? Good? I dunno about Torchickens, but me….

Date: 2016-11-23 16:00:56
You are a good person Zowayix. I think it's best not to put yourself down about that.

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2016-11-23 18:00:22
My father nearly disowned me because I didn't hate LGBT groups. It's not that I wanted to see it, it was more "Eh, as long as no one's forcing that on me, I say go for it."

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2016-11-23 18:01:24
Eh, even though I guess it is a big change, time still didn't stop, you're gonna get over it.

Here is a good example : I just found another way to trigger Walking lag Glitch. Pointless but fun (I got a Trainer rematch three times in a row ^^)
See ? Keep livin' man, I dunno, read some Aftertale, throw a chicken at ya neighbors (live or deaad, both get fun reactions :D), stay awake until 5 pm browsing a dumb forum I should not be there this late wait I'm talking about GCLf. Y'can also try Paper Mario : TTYD. It's a really great game, I got lotsa fun playing it.

Get me here ? Everything's fine. Just something else in your life.

I'm just saying what Mr Chickens below said in one sentence. Welp, too lazy to delete this. (But you still have to try TTYD)

So, well, gotta make this topic about WLG. And get my math (series and normed vector spaces topology, argh) done for tomorrow today in 11 hours. And go to bed.

Date: 2016-11-23 18:35:19

Eh, even though I guess it is a big change, time still didn't stop.

See ? Keep livin' man, I dunno, read some Aftertale, throw a chicken at ya neighbors (live or deaad, both get fun reactions :D), stay awake until 5 pm browsing a dumb forum I should not be there this late wait I'm talking about GCLf.

I just want to stop you there to say that might come across as rude ("time not stopping" could trivialise the experience). I know you meant well but it might not be what someone wants to hear if they're experiencing depression.

I'm just saying what Mr Chickens below said in one sentence. Welp, too lazy to delete this. (But you still have to try TTYD)

I actually prefer 'Ms' now but 'Mr' is still OK. :)

TTYD was the best Paper Mario game.

So, well, gotta make this topic about WLG. And get my math (series and normed vector spaces topology, argh) done for tomorrow today in 11 hours. And go to bed.

Ouch, that sounds tough, math was personally never my forte sadly. Hope you pass it. ^^

Date: 2016-11-23 19:06:32

Eh, even though I guess it is a big change, time still didn't stop.

See ? Keep livin' man, I dunno, read some Aftertale, throw a chicken at ya neighbors (live or deaad, both get fun reactions :D), stay awake until 5 pm browsing a dumb forum I should not be there this late wait I'm talking about GCLf.

I just want to stop you there to say that might come across as rude ("time not stopping" could trivialise the experience). I know you meant well but it might not be what someone wants to hear if they're experiencing depression.

Ah, I screwed up. Sorry.

Date: 2016-11-23 19:13:23
No worries.

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-11-24 02:32:28
Also, you can make a few Super Mario Maker stages, (if you have a WiiU obviously), or play some (even on a 3DS when the port comes out).
I also reccomend Final Fantasy Record Keeper, a phone free2play from DENA, which is actually very good. Currently, there are Multiplayer beta-tests ongoing, so you might want to check it out.

Posted by: Spoink
Date: 2016-11-24 10:11:42
Well, I know this'll sound cliche, but I truly do wish the best for both of you guys.

Date: 2016-11-24 11:23:34

Well, I know this'll sound cliche, but I truly do wish the best for both of you guys.

Thanks drc!

Date: 2016-11-26 03:59:53
Wow, Twitch surely is fast, one week and they're already at the Elite Four.

Date: 2016-11-26 07:10:53
Excuse me, but "how ???????"

Date: 2016-11-26 07:57:02
Umm, idk.

Date: 2016-11-26 08:42:43
Well, I guess randomness can do anything. (I'll be waiting for the day TPP wins Pokémon Yellow in 3:14 tho :D)