Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 264

Re: The Glitchy Thread of Topiclessness (#3)

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2019-04-14 22:13:09
I'm using my earnings to document/preserve video footage of some forgotten/unusual Nintendo published software. Right now my focus is on the Japanese DSiWare games, which could eventually be lost due to 3DS eShop shutdown. Some you can't buy anymore through the eShop unfortunately (outside of piracy I suppose i.e. free shop but I'd personally not do that) such as a crossword series the Starfy composer apparently worked on (if it emerges on Yahoo Auctions Japan I'd definitely save up to buy it if the seller accepts international trade).

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqXTI_PZxIG3Esw0XW8Ff0u5hPgpJMgM1

I'm also waiting for a Korean 2DS to arrive to document a glitch only Korean G/S VC seems to have, but it works on the assumption unknown opcodes are also ignored in the Korean version, which may or may not be true. (I feel its worth it though, as bad name Pokémon can do interesting things to the game like free Pay Day money if I recall rightly, as SM has demonstrated).

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-04-15 06:12:11
(outside of piracy I suppose i.e. free shop but I'd personally not do that)
freeShop doesn't even work anymore, as Ninten's CDN now 403s you if you request downloads with a cartridge ticket or no ticket. Well, I guess it technically does if you have legit tickets, but you only get those by buying through the eShop, so…

Date: 2019-04-15 07:00:40

freeShop doesn't even work anymore, as Ninten's CDN now 403s you if you request downloads with a cartridge ticket or no ticket. Well, I guess it technically does if you have legit tickets, but you only get those by buying through the eShop, so…

Ah OK, thanks. :) (I'm not familiar with these things)

Date: 2019-04-15 08:50:22

Ah OK, thanks. :) (I'm not familiar with these things)
No problem.
Fun fact: due to the new setup, cartridges no longer count as valid copies of games. This means carts can't generate update tickets, so you can't update the game.

Date: 2019-04-16 11:50:25
Games I've beaten this month:

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (first playthrough, 100%)
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (first playthrough, Pokedex 100%, story beaten, beat League)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (like fifth playthrough lol, 87% items, 100% scans)
Shovel Knight (first playthrough, 100%, DLC not included)
Metroid Fusion (second playthrough, 98%)

i'm not addicted to vidya i swear

Date: 2019-04-17 12:05:44

That out of the way, @Parzival, you played VLR?! Please tell me you're going to try ZTD next.
wait, there'a a new one??? AND IT'S ON THE 3DS??????

dude i gotta find a CIA of this boi

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-04-17 12:33:44
Oh, yes…there is a third one. Just in case you might prefer it on PC, I'll let you know it's on Steam as well. And to avoid spoiling anything, I'll leave it at that.

Date: 2019-04-17 14:21:23

Just in case you might prefer it on PC

I am on that shit.
Right now

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM GIMME

Date: 2019-04-17 14:27:36
THERE IS NOT A CHANCE IN HELL I AM INTERESTED IN THIS BOOTLEG FLASH GAME SHIT

Date: 2019-04-18 19:33:50

Anyway, what's Pokémon Mega like?
Puzzle and Dragons ripoff with the worst English ever. (Also no pics as the main character's default name is the n-word. Not kidding.)

Posted by: Couldntthinkofaname
Date: 2019-04-19 05:56:05

as the main character's default name is the n-word. Not kidding.

Oh my xD

Well, I guess then if it has an oddity like as damning as that, the rest of the game must be very interesting.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2019-04-22 13:34:05
Finished installing Arch Linux, took me two days. Some things are buggy, but at least I've only got myself to blame, eh? :P

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-04-22 18:29:26

Finished installing Arch Linux, took me two days. Some things are buggy, but at least I've only got myself to blame, eh? :P
So that's where you were! How are you liking it? It's been at the back of my mind to find a new OS for my older laptop.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2019-04-23 02:33:37
Hi friends!
I've recently fallen on some extraordinarily hard times as of late. I won't go into detail as the issues of the matter are personal and private, but I would appreciate your warm wishes and thoughts during this time.

Date: 2019-04-23 06:19:20

Hi friends!
I've recently fallen on some extraordinarily hard times as of late. I won't go into detail as the issues of the matter are personal and private, but I would appreciate your warm wishes and thoughts during this time.

I'm sorry to hear about your circumstances Missing? NO!. :( I relate with you and have been in a similar situation. We've had hard times in the past too, and I feel sometimes the media does not understand; no matter who we are, we can all struggle with mental health, also stigma because contrary to some belief, it is often the most intelligent who suffer with mental health. Hope things get better soon, and the best for you and your family. <3 (hugs)