Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 240

Re: The Glitchy Thread of Topiclessness (#3)

Posted by: Couldntthinkofaname
Date: 2018-02-08 06:13:12

Holy s**t where did all these guests come from.

If i'm not mistaken, there was a site glitch that showed everyone, including guests, with the same IP, so they were considered the same guest. I believe Abwayax fixed this in the recent update.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2018-02-10 22:25:18
>Be me
>Decide to write something original for a change
>Brain immediately pipes up: "Nobody cares lol."

In the event I bother to write something other than Meganium Man!, have there been any guesses regarding the running speed of the europasaurus? Google brings up dick.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-02-11 02:55:28
Oh, cool, another story ! I liked Meganium Man quite a lot.
Also, no clue about your question.

Posted by: Kyoukipichi
Date: 2018-02-12 19:05:32
Lavender Town is eldritch. I may delete this later.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2018-02-13 22:17:55

Lavender Town is eldritch. I may delete this later.

-Nine million page, typo-addled and barely readable creepypasta that ends with the main character getting killed by a GameBoy goes here-

Oh, cool, another story ! I liked Meganium Man quite a lot.
Also, no clue about your question.

Meganium Man! is still going. I've got, like, 30 episode ideas including a finale. Whether or not I get that far is a different story.

I dunno. It seems like whenever I try to write something my brain just goes, "Nobody gives a shit" and I end up closing the document. Especially if it's not fanfiction.

Posted by: Mefista
Date: 2018-02-15 11:10:40
Meboy-F introduced the most infuriating glitch so far: it made it so occasionally, when it or regular Meboy are supposed to run Dragon Warior Monsters 2 roms (any version), they refuse to open (with no error message), and if you reload the emulator and try again, it either freezes the whole phone or makes it DO AN EMERGENCY SHUTDOWN.
Like, I know my phone is old, but I also know it is not supposed to do that (seeing as it runs heavy-ass programs made for other brands of j2me phones just fine, tho starting them takes like 15 minutes - out of those, I only have WMLEditor right now tho).

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2018-02-17 07:12:42
No issue here…
My advice: Choose an emulator that isn't a reskinned version of an inaccurate open-source emulator that died a long time ago.

Date: 2018-02-17 16:20:16
Parzival, my rom is randomised, I guess there's something in it that throws the emulator off the mark - the question is, why did it only start happening after I added Meboy-F into the mix, and why does it affect EVERY DWM2 rom now? Also, how many gameboy emulators there are that would work on a Sony Ericsson z710i?

Date: 2018-02-17 19:09:25
Uhm… none. xD

Date: 2018-02-17 20:58:02
And that's why I am stuck with Meboy and Meboy-F here)

Date: 2018-02-17 22:44:26
…You're SERIOUSLY using a flip-phone for GB emulation? You got a… TI-8x calculator over there? A Raspberry Pi? A washing machine microcontroller, even? I'm… gonna go sit down.

Date: 2018-02-19 03:59:49
I am using it to play for fun :p After all, it's my first and only phone. More serious emulation things are done on computer, of course (which is also old and runs WinXP).

Date: 2018-02-19 14:49:01
You're emulating on a flip-phone, your PC is running XP in 2018, and you've only had this ONE flip-phone.

Please.
For the love of <insert deity here>, hit up eBay.

Date: 2018-02-20 06:50:24
Man, sorry if I sound a bit bitter, but can I introduce you to a concept of "not having money"?
Besides, my 20-years-old bed broke irrepairably last week, I kinda have other priorities, because sleping on lined-up poufs is no fun.
Also, you are like 9th foreigner who suggests that (and I am pretty sure that you are second or even third on this forum alone) or something along the same lines.
Following my sister's millenial-y advice, I only can say: if you have extra money, feel free to share.

Date: 2018-02-21 18:40:09
I feel your pain there, I've just received $8, which is a HUGE AMOUNT for me. It took me YEARS to save up a few bucks. I'm not even dependent on myself for money, either, so that shouldn't happen in the first place (as I could normally just borrow money from parents, like any other teenager).