Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 269

Re: The Glitchy Thread of Topiclessness (#3)

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-07-02 16:07:40
trying to make an MD5 bruteforce collider in Python

Stats for 1024 bytes of data (interrupted mid-search):
Performance stats:
Total time: 5.83800005913 seconds, total tries: 17306, so avg. tries/sec: 2964.37133003

First script's performance was something like 50/sec for 10 bytes.

wew

EDIT: somehow it's generating more files than are possible and they're all summing differently while being the right size…??? The f**k???

EDIT 2: no it's not, it's correct, i'm just fucking dumb

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-07-07 19:17:53
[img]https://i.imgur.com/7Cyv1vv.png[/img]    [img]https://i.imgur.com/YNgYLBQ.png[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/ZN95RKU.png[/img]

Date: 2019-07-08 15:34:29
Linux 3DS' SD access hang has (probably) been fixed. Time to recompile!

Date: 2019-07-13 00:00:25
Compression is a lot better on Linux since Linux has utilities for more than ZIP, RAR and 7zip.
>Original file (CPIO initramfs): 200MB
>After ZIP: 154MB
>After RAR: 148MB
>After RAR5: 147MB
>After 7z: 132MB
>After xzip: 19.8MB

Date: 2019-07-15 16:25:37
My mom still doesn't know I linked to her Amazon Prime account way back when and I can get LGPE for $20 right now.

Still not a good enough deal. :P

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2019-07-25 02:07:43

I wrote a novel and of course it contained literally everything I didn't want it to have.

Goddamnit.

I'm a stupid fucking idiot who at the time I made this post didn't realize that I'd struck gold the first time and just needed to polish it up a bit.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2019-07-29 23:01:31
Often feeling sad

):(

Date: 2019-08-01 06:53:48
i found an actually decent bootleg game and it's a 3D Tetris game on the NES

it's called "3-D Block"
(Two people released it but one is busted in the No-Intro set)

Date: 2019-08-03 21:12:23
I'm trying to make a ROM hack of Yellow to allow WTW when holding Select, but there's an issue: Being force-walked somewhere by an NPC hangs the game as the NPC disappears and everything goes to shit. Probably as I'm writing 00 to CD38 every frame if Select isn't held, and CD38 is used for force-walk scripts.

I also have to slot almost all my code between RST vector stubs because there's not much free space in Bank 0 in Yellow… yay…

Posted by: Yuzihax
Date: 2019-08-04 08:08:25
[size=36pt]Jeb![/size]

[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/282544526655094786/607559030185000963/jeb.png[/img]

Date: 2019-08-06 08:37:06
Holy shit, I found a yellow DMG in a ditch on the interstate. No batteries, no cart, but the BIOS still works, so that means it's logically okay… cleaned up real nice. Now to get a flashcart!

also this thing still has the link port cover and the battery cover is from a gray DMG… interesting.

Date: 2019-08-07 23:30:30

Holy shit, I found a yellow DMG in a ditch on the interstate. No batteries, no cart, but the BIOS still works, so that means it's logically okay… cleaned up real nice. Now to get a flashcart!

also this thing still has the link port cover and the battery cover is from a gray DMG… interesting.
Whoa, awesome! Have you tested it yet? Which flashcart are you planning on picking up? (I'm eventually planning on getting one too to use with a GB Boy.)

As for the WTW hack, would toggling it with Select instead of writing to it every frame fix the NPC problem? I'd probably find it more convenient to play that way as well.

Date: 2019-08-08 14:19:38

Holy s**t, I found a yellow DMG in a ditch on the interstate. No batteries, no cart, but the BIOS still works, so that means it's logically okay… cleaned up real nice. Now to get a flashcart!

Whoa, awesome! Have you tested it yet? Which flashcart are you planning on picking up? (I'm eventually planning on getting one too to use with a GB Boy.)

As for the WTW hack, would toggling it with Select instead of writing to it every frame fix the NPC problem? I'd probably find it more convenient to play that way as well.
I'm not distinguishing the current value, is the issue. I'm writing 00 to that byte every frame when SELECT isn't down, so it's immediately overwriting the loaded path step count.

As for the flashcart, an ElCheapo (as a Drag'n'Derp only supports max 3MB ROMs.)

Date: 2019-08-13 14:00:03
oh. Guessing i'm taking too long to go back to the proper VBlank handler…

Date: 2019-08-14 00:42:08
I wonder if I ever really connected with this community since coming back the way so many others have, or if I had in the first place. Maybe I'm overthinking it. For whatever reason besides the obvious interest in playing with the technical side of these games, I really love this place, and I suppose that's enough.