Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 164

Re: The Member's Guide to Topiclessness

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-10-31 11:52:22
It's not just about glitching. You have to be an upstanding member of the site to get the 'plus'. To get in only glitch knowledge usually means it was a major discovery or you really cleared something up.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-10-31 11:53:08

I don't know what you ar….
okay just that one time, what else?

Your grammar can not always be "Up To Par."

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2009-10-31 11:53:56
damn so I got to be super fucking smart and know why the people screw up and make glitches?

my grammer is just fine. I speak perfect engrish

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-10-31 11:54:55

damn so I got to be super fucking smart and know why the people screw up and make glitches?

Not exactly. Ask Abwayax what you need to do.

Date: 2009-10-31 11:56:24
eh forget about it then…

okay you know how they had the spyro and crash trade worlds in that one gameboy advance game?
they should do that with link and mario, (the 3d worlds not the gameboy crap) that would totally beast

Date: 2009-10-31 11:58:30
Of course, you can't just walk onto the site and post 20 good posts and discover one minor glitch and expect to get the plus.

I mean, look at me, for example. Without decamarking, I could not legitimately expect a plus. I have decent grammar, and I don't flame anyone (yet  :P), but that doesn't make me plus. For one thing, I hadn't made one glitch contribution. For another thing, I'd only been here 3 months.

Without decamarking, to become a plus, I would've had to start submitting good glitches, and I probably would have had to have waited at least 5-6 months to expect plus status.

Date: 2009-10-31 12:14:40
eh lets just forget about it..

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-10-31 12:15:32

Of course, you can't just walk onto the site and post 20 good posts and discover one minor glitch and expect to get the plus.

I mean, look at me, for example. Without decamarking, I could not legitimately expect a plus. I have decent grammar, and I don't flame anyone (yet  :P), but that doesn't make me plus. For one thing, I hadn't made one glitch contribution. For another thing, I'd only been here 3 months.

Without decamarking, to become a plus, I would've had to start submitting good glitches, and I probably would have had to have waited at least 5-6 months to expect plus status.

Or you can just hang around for an obscenely long time (say, about two years should do it) to get the +.

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-10-31 12:24:43

Woahwoahwoah, keep the Whipped Cream off the Pie. This is sounds a lot like me!

(You know what, I really have to stop.)

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-10-31 13:46:14

Or you can just hang around for an obscenely long time (say, about two years should do it) to get the +.

All hail Wa the intelligent one. Good things come to those who wait.

Date: 2009-10-31 14:37:25

Woahwoahwoah, keep the Whipped Cream off the Pie.

No, please don't. I'm getting plenty of LOL's out of this!

As long as you don't flame people/use shitty grammar/use text-speak/generally act like a dumbass.

Posted by: Thomas
Date: 2009-10-31 14:39:46

For example, me, as I was here almost 2 years before I got the plus. And I wasn't even here when I got it, I was away from the forum and one day opened up my email account and found out that I had achieved the rank.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-10-31 16:07:09
In the vast majority of cases, the plus is granted by majority decision of a bunch of people who also have the plus (as well as distinguished and staff members). The admins generally don't plus people unilaterally (although we have the ability to do so). Anyone with at least plus can nominate someone else for plus. Only in very rare circumstances has a staffer blocked a nomination for plus. Having WOM doesn't eliminate you from being considered (in other words, I won't block someone with WOM from being nominated) but it might diminish the chances of passing nomination. A simple majority (at least 50%) is a requirement for passing.

The plus only gives you access to the exclusive board and a shorter wait time on name changes. Plus also gives you the chance to do "Quality Control" for the wiki (Glisp does this now), which is a limited version of "sysop". Additionally, when we need new mods or admins, we usually consider pluses first. Plus does NOT grant anyone favoritism, an exception to the rules, or immunity from WOM.

While plus might seem like an exclusive club (and in fact, we do have an "exclusive board"), it's not difficult to get in (as can be seen by how many currently active members hold this rank now). There has been suggestions regarding separate "ranks" of Member+ that would denote increasing levels of competency/seniority. There was also talk of a "Member+ Quiz" that one could take in lieu of being voted in but this hasn't really taken off.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-10-31 16:43:11
A quiz, that sounds like a fun idea.

Date: 2009-10-31 20:14:28

Woahwoahwoah, keep the Whipped Cream off the Pie.

No, please don't. I'm getting plenty of LOL's out of this!

As long as you don't flame people/use shitty grammar/use text-speak/generally act like a dumbass.

can do/can do/ can do/ can't do….