Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 154

Re: The Member's Guide to Topiclessness

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-10-22 21:08:59

Thank God nobody has continiued the quote pyramid. (Wait, now that I said that, someone will revive it. Oh s**t.)

I don't believe in quote pyramids.

Quote pyramid, you say?
Yep

Now to show you a picture of me in the shower.
win

*facepalms at everyone facepalming*

On another note, I will probably start learning japanese this year.

I don't learn a second language until high school.

Japanese? Good choice. Spanish is the only decent choice for me, but I picked Latin, quod est optimus.

Equa est magna et bonum.

You have a mega boner? *Shot repeatedly then thrown into volcano*

Its Latin for "the horse is big and good." wrong isn't it? That's the only Latin phrase I remember, most likely because the phrase was in a Latin textbook.

Should be "Equa est magna et bona" IIRC.

No, it's "Equus est magnus et bonus" because "equus" is masculine, not feminine.

…I've been called a "Latin extinguisher" for a reason.
I was thinking the exact same thing, but what if the horse is feminine? Would a female slave be a "servus"?

Even if it's a female horse, the word is masculine. It all has to do with declensions, which are groups of nouns that dictate endings. Oh yes, and there's an entirely different word for a female slave: ancilla. Similarly, "miles" is a soldier, but "bellatrix" is a female warrior. We were just discussing this in Latin class.
That's news to me.

QUOTE PRYMAID!

estne Aegyptius? quod res Aegyptias amo.
Translation for non-Latin speaking folks: Is it Egyptian? Because I love Egyptian things.

Its been over two years since I had a Latin class so most of the stuff is hazy. (Plus the fact that I failed it doesn't help the situation either.)

YOU BROKE THE QUOTE PRAYMID!

Fixed. :P
And adding some fixing

And a little more fixing with some duck tape.
And some nails

No nuts and bolts? *shot*

No, but plenty of rivets and welding.

Don't we have a game for this?

Yes, but it failed.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-10-23 00:34:15

Thank God nobody has continiued the quote pyramid. (Wait, now that I said that, someone will revive it. Oh s**t.)

Quote pyramid, you say?
Yep

win

Japanese? Good choice. Spanish is the only decent choice for me, but I picked Latin, quod est optimus.

Equa est magna et bonum.

Its Latin for "the horse is big and good." wrong isn't it? That's the only Latin phrase I remember, most likely because the phrase was in a Latin textbook.

No, it's "Equus est magnus et bonus" because "equus" is masculine, not feminine.

I was thinking the exact same thing, but what if the horse is feminine? Would a female slave be a "servus"?

Even if it's a female horse, the word is masculine. It all has to do with declensions, which are groups of nouns that dictate endings. Oh yes, and there's an entirely different word for a female slave: ancilla. Similarly, "miles" is a soldier, but "bellatrix" is a female warrior. We were just discussing this in Latin class.
That's news to me.

QUOTE PRYMAID!

Translation for non-Latin speaking folks: Is it Egyptian? Because I love Egyptian things.

Its been over two years since I had a Latin class so most of the stuff is hazy. (Plus the fact that I failed it doesn't help the situation either.)

And adding some fixing

And some nails

Yes, but it failed.
Make it again?
On another note:
[spoiler3][img]http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/7497/wumbo.jpg[/img][spoiler3]
I made that because someone on gamefaqs responded to my joke topic asking what the M on mario's hat stood for saying "It's set to M for Mini. You gotta flip it over to W for Wumbo."
Also, anyone have any idea HOW to make a spoiler?

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-10-23 05:41:43
Yeah, it's [spoiler][/spoiler], but spoilers don't come with RC 1.2- they're an extra feature, Abwayax is going to install the mod that creates spoilers in the near (or far) future, but right now, they are unpostabale. If you type that code, it will automatically change to a spoiler when Ab installs the mod.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-10-23 10:15:01
*shamelessly ignores quote pyramid*

Yesterday I joined the list of GCLF members who are currently ill. While I seem to only have a mild cold, yesterday afternoon was just like one of those nightmares where you know that something strange is going on (in my case, the entirety of the universe seemed to conspire against me in English), but whenever you try to tell anybody that they think that you're nuts. Finally I realized that I was just dizzy as all hell, and skipped half my homework. Now I have a sore throat, but at least there's no fever. Besides, no school = win in nearly any situation.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-10-23 10:38:38
¬¬ Lucky sods. I don't seem to get sick enough to miss school…

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-10-23 11:30:17

Quote pyramid, you say?
Yep

win

Equa est magna et bonum.

That's news to me.

QUOTE PRYMAID!

And adding some fixing

And some nails

Yes, but it failed.
Make it again?
On another note:
I made that because someone on gamefaqs responded to my joke topic asking what the M on mario's hat stood for saying "It's set to M for Mini. You gotta flip it over to W for Wumbo."

I don't think that mod's in yet, but SpongeBob ftw.

Date: 2009-10-23 19:17:15

Quote pyramid, you say?
Yep

win

Equa est magna et bonum.

That's news to me.

QUOTE PRYMAID!

And adding some fixing

And some nails

Yes, but it failed.
Make it again?
On another note:

lol
On another note, kubuntu just finished downloading. I had to try downloading it twice, as DEB closed ifrefox in the middle of the download, forcing it to redownload it >_>

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-10-23 19:34:41
So… I heard Sir Puppum Hat got the flashy Mr. TTT avatar back… but this time in EPIC GLOWING HD EDITION!

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-10-23 19:34:53

Believe me, you don't want to get sick. Missing school is great, but feeling like you just got run over by a bus isn't.

Quote pyramid, you say?
Yep

win

Equa est magna et bonum.

QUOTE PRYMAID!

And adding some fixing

And some nails

Yes, but it failed.
Make it again?
On another note:
[spoiler3][img]http://img97.imageshack.us/ipg[/img][spoiler3]

lol
On another note, kubuntu just finished downloading. I had to try downloading it twice, as DEB closed ifrefox in the middle of the download, forcing it to redownload it >_>
____________________________________________________________________________________

I dislike quote pyramids.

Date: 2009-10-23 19:40:25

Believe me, you don't want to get sick. Missing school is great, but feeling like you just got run over by a bus isn't.

Quote pyramid, you say?
Yep

win

Equa est magna et bonum.

QUOTE PRYMAID!

And adding some fixing

And some nails

Yes, but it failed.
Make it again?
On another note:
[spoiler3][img]http://img97.imageshack.us/ipg[/img][spoiler3]

lol
____________________________________________________________________________________

I dislike quote pyramids.
*facepalms*

Quote pyramid, you say?
Yep

win

Equa est magna et bonum.

That's news to me.

QUOTE PRYMAID!

And adding some fixing

And some nails

Fixed

Yes, but it failed.
Make it again?
On another note:

lol
fixed

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-10-23 19:57:38
Opera/Firefox users:

(Sir Puppum Hat's avatar)

[img]http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/77/animated.png[/img]

<Patrick> LOOK AT IT! *green lines coming from Spongebob's mouth* LOOK AT IT *green lines coming from Spongebob's mouth* LOOK AT IT *green lines coming from Spongebob's mouth* LOOK AT IT *green lines coming from Spongebob's mouth* I WANT ALL OF YOU TO LOOK AT IIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!
*theater melts*

Posted by: ultraVex
Date: 2009-10-23 20:33:17

Opera/Firefox users:

(Sir Puppum Hat's avatar)

[img]http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/77/animated.png[/img]

<Patrick> LOOK AT IT! *green lines coming from Spongebob's mouth* LOOK AT IT *green lines coming from Spongebob's mouth* LOOK AT IT *green lines coming from Spongebob's mouth* LOOK AT IT *green lines coming from Spongebob's mouth* I WANT ALL OF YOU TO LOOK AT IIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!
*theater melts*

[img]http://15.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kpkbvsflUB1qzdw30o1_500.png[/img]

This accurately describes my facial expression right now.

Date: 2009-10-23 20:36:14
Im posting from my kubuntu VM. It is installing still

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-10-23 20:44:28
I'm using Chrome so since its an APNG (if that's what it is.) I'm assuming my browser isn't compatible with it yet.

Posted by: ultraVex
Date: 2009-10-23 20:58:01
I think this picture describes my facial expression even more:
[img]http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/3559/45563583.gif[/img]