Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 235

Re: The Member's Guide to Topiclessness

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2017-11-27 17:34:24
I just love how my first post was a detailed memory explanation of WTW glitches, and my introduction post was one year later :D

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2017-12-08 21:15:36
I've recently discovered that I can't remember the lyrics to 'Pop Goes the Weasel,' but I sure as hell could remember the lyrics to this.

This is…disturbing.

[size=1pt]WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAW! POP GOES PERFECTION![/size]

Posted by: Spoink
Date: 2017-12-19 21:01:44
i enjoy getting approval from people i look up to

Date: 2017-12-23 17:28:41
>It's gonna be a white Christmas this year.

Awwwwwwwwright.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-12-24 10:20:30
>Yeeeeaaah :)

We have no snow here sadly, but it still feels nice and Christmassy. ^^

Posted by: Couldntthinkofaname
Date: 2017-12-24 16:56:13
Cristmas is great, but Christmas Eve is the only time of year I can consume as much caffinated-beverages as I please and recieve no complaints from any family member. :)

On an unrelated note, I would like to mention that I have not forgotten about Project: JapDex. It's been difficult to keep up on the project given festivities, but I hope to have at least glitch items wrapped up by tonight or tommorow (which shouldn't be too much longer as due to the way the pointers work, $81 onward simply use pointers starting at ItemUseBall, the start of the pointer table :P)

Date: 2017-12-25 00:23:50
Merry Christmas!

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-12-25 15:13:03
Merry Christmas everyone! :)

Cristmas is great, but Christmas Eve is the only time of year I can consume as much caffinated-beverages as I please and recieve no complaints from any family member. :)

On an unrelated note, I would like to mention that I have not forgotten about Project: JapDex. It's been difficult to keep up on the project given festivities, but I hope to have at least glitch items wrapped up by tonight or tommorow (which shouldn't be too much longer as due to the way the pointers work, $81 onward simply use pointers starting at ItemUseBall, the start of the pointer table :P)

That's nice.

That's all right, take your time. Yeah that fact made most of the ones past 0x81 easier to document for me when doing the English versions as well. Note some have different effects but usually all ended up as a healing item for 80 HP, a Poké Ball with unknown catch rate, the "nothing happened" effect in battle or similar.

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2017-12-29 01:28:49
did you forget?

Date: 2017-12-29 16:42:21
So has Akinator's programming become completely fucked up, or am I seriously just bad at pointing him at the character I'm thinking of?

>Try making him guess Screwface, the bad guy from the movie Marked for Death
>Akinator's first question is if he's a famous YouTuber, a very bad start
>This is followed by asking if Screwface is from a shitload of video game series'
>Finally asks if he uses a sword
>Somehow manages to guess the Kurgan from the movie Highlander at first.

He was, for all intents and purposes, on the right track. Then…

>Asks a bunch of questions that nail Screwface dead-on
>"Does your character die a violent death?"
>"Is your character associated with drugs?"
>"Is your character black?"
>"Is your character evil?"
>"Is your character part of a duo?"

He should've got it, but instead he guesses… some guy from a cartoon I've never heard of. He then guessed a video game character at the very end of it. Even weirder, Screwface was in his database.

He beat me, like, once, when I was thinking of Lt. Columbo.

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2017-12-29 18:16:42
Akinator's kinda screwy now. Dunno why.

Date: 2017-12-31 15:44:24
>Listening to Lostprophets on YouTube
>Little add in the video comes up about clearing your criminal record

SensibleChuckle.jpg

Akinator's kinda screwy now. Dunno why.

He later managed to guess a bunch of characters I was thinking of after asking 50 questions, only 3-4 of which were related to them. I don't even.

Date: 2018-01-01 14:10:12
hi

Posted by: Couldntthinkofaname
Date: 2018-01-01 14:11:29
Why hello there

Date: 2018-01-01 14:15:00

Why hello there