Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 81

Re: The Member's Guide to Topiclessness

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-05-10 10:44:59
do you believe they will never get finished, ever?

[me=Abwayax]keeps murmuring "GCL version isn't doomed", "GCL version isn't doomed"… under his breath[/me]

Posted by: Wild GHOST
Date: 2009-05-11 03:50:34
It really depends on the people behind the projects.
I don't know how far the Pok?mon community is in ROM hacking as nearly all of the ROMhacks I saw from skimming boards were filled with tons of (mostly terrible) fanmade Pok?mon. :|

There is one hack I meant to get around to checking out in detail known as "ShinyGold" or something to that effect, but with the announced 4th Gen remakes of Gold and Silver the hack is moot at best.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-05-11 20:07:56

[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/a1ieye.jpg[/img]
Good news, everyone! My device that allows you to read this post in my voice is no longer limited to imageboards, and now supports SMF.

Would it work for Dr. Zoidburgh?

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-05-11 21:43:10
[img]http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/8148/ahahahcp9.gif[/img]

Well, where else am I supposed to put it?

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-05-12 04:00:08
I was browsing through some old posts on this forum for nostalgia purposes and found this:

it's not abwayix, there's a zoyawix, izwzyzx, and abwayax, but no abwayix.

lol zoyawix

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-05-12 19:10:15

I was browsing through some old posts on this forum for nostalgia purposes and found this:

lol zoyawix

Don't forget Lady Abwayax and Abwayax Jr. (oh wait Abwayax Jr. doesn't exist yet lol.)

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-05-18 21:03:09
Or Abawayax(it was a name change that is gone now… it happebned way before you joined).
Anyway, on another forum I goto, they made it so that only the amin can delete posts. Not even the moderators can.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-05-18 21:45:49

Or Abawayax(it was a name change that is gone now… it happebned way before you joined).
Anyway, on another forum I goto, they made it so that only the amin can delete posts. Not even the moderators can.

That forum fails.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-05-18 22:08:40

Abawayax actually sounds familiar. When was the name change?

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2009-05-18 22:52:58

lol zoyawix
eh, typo'd while pointing out someone else's typo. lol

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-05-18 22:58:37

That forum fails.

This is the exact post that the admin reasoned why:

I realize that some of you are upset about this, but I had reasons for making the change:

1. It was too frequently abused: a select few people would just troll or spam and then quickly delete their posts, erasing any evidence of them. Now, the staff have full records of every deleted/moderated post, as Richie explained, and we can now take care of troublemakers much more fairly and efficiently. This makes the board a better place.

2. In case a moderator account somehow gets compromised, the hacker will not be able to go around and randomly delete messages. To enhance security, I've also locked up the administration panel so that it's only accessible from my own computer.

As for board flooding, the moderators may soon have another tool to deal with that if it becomes a serious issue. Remember that I can batch-delete all messages from a single user without going through the normal board functions, and I can also reset money to 0.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Date: 2009-05-19 19:50:46
Retro doesn't let you either. Then again we're allowed to mainly because, we see the fun side of things and enjoy a good spam and delete every now and then. Those forums need to have a dumpster but have it to where only admins can delete the posts sent there. Allows for easier identification of spammers. Plus normal members shouldn't be able to see the sumpster in their case at all. They'll still have all posts on record plus it makes things just as controlled too.

Posted by: Ghostsanora
Date: 2009-05-19 20:43:22

Plus normal members shouldn't be able to see the sumpster in their case at all. They'll still have all posts on record plus it makes things just as controlled too.

lol Sumpster

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-05-19 22:59:48

lol zoyawix

Don't forget Lady Abwayax and Abwayax Jr. (oh wait Abwayax Jr. doesn't exist yet lol.)

Yeah but I divorced her a long time ago

Date: 2009-05-20 18:40:08

lol zoyawix

Yeah but I divorced her a long time ago

Seriously? Or was that a joke? Either way, lol. Wait a  second, you're 18 so it was a joke. lol. I'm so naive at times.

Hey guys I'm kind of disappointed Here's why:
[spoiler][img]http://www.toontowncentral.com/forums/attachments/art-shops/124654d1234647264-skippehs-custom-challenger-approaching-shop-j.jpg[/img]
Awwww! I wanted a Scooby Doo Doll….
[/spoiler]