Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 225

Re: The Member's Guide to Topiclessness

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-11-20 06:51:21
And I have Wonder Traded a Ultra Beast for maximum lulz points.
I had two, so it didn't matter.

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2016-11-20 08:18:53
In more topicless news (save the Pokémon talk for the appropriate thread guys) Microsoft joined the Linux Foundation recently, even though they've been sworn enemies from the start. Which makes me think they're up to something…

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2016-11-21 10:28:54
For a full month now, I've been trying to code a function that loads a texture and its metadata. It's an epic jumble of typedefs and mangled pieces of code, so I'm going to do the technique that usually works.

I will have finished in two months.
Goddamn that's effective.

Also, anyone here read Aftertale ? I'm so hyped to know whaddup in next update !

Date: 2016-11-22 11:21:03
Huehue, Twitch was stuck at Sopholcles's trial,
They have reached 29 KAPOW's before getting the question right.
No wonder everyone spams PogChamp.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2016-11-22 13:34:18
Are they getting many viewers these days? I know viewership has been down but I'd imagine the release of a new game and generation would pick it back up again.

Date: 2016-11-22 14:34:22
When I was last online, I think around 400.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2016-11-23 04:34:27
Alola everyone. I should probably start popping around here more often, like I used to… I've had a lot on my mind lately and a lot to do, I guess.

So anyway, as it turns out I'm a girl, basically. I guess I'll post this speech I posted on Bacefook here:

I don't think it displays a notification or news feed thing if you change your name, so you might not realise who I am at first. Who the fuck is Megan <new last name>? Well, I am, obviously. I hope so. I haven't changed my name on Facebook before so I hope I pressed the right button which does the thing. I've decided this '<deadname>' shit can come to an end, and it's time to admit to the world: I am a transgender woman. Maybe you didn't see that coming, or maybe I told you already, or maybe you just suspected that all along and now you're like "HA THOUGHT SO". I don't know, I'm bad at writing speeches. (I also changed my last name as well, just because that other one kinda sucks, just sayin')
I guess I've sorta known something was different about me for quite a while, though I'm not really one of those "I knew I was a girl since I was 5" people. Actually, I don't think that ever happens. But anyway, around a year and a bit ago, or maybe it was 2 years, I figured out the missing piece was that I'm internally female and that mismatch with my body was causing me all sorts of depression and distress, thanks to a few notable people who had gone through the same stuff who were able to put an end to the questioning that's been going on for maybe 4 years or so. I realised that this would make me happy…. ier. I shouldn't say it's made me happy entirely, there's still other things in my life I have to worry about, and my transition isn't complete yet. I probably still don't pass (my voice is still masculine as shit because I haven't gotten around to training it, and laser hasn't removed all the hair from my face yet), but I had to do this.
I'm still hella nervous, and after I post this submit button I will inevitably be shivering and quivering like mad. I've decided it's better than continuing to bottle this up though, and perhaps at a time like this where LGBT people are at risk of being attacked (albeit less such in this country), I figure the community needs visibilty. And I can help with that. Like maybe if 1 million people came out as transgender and didn't go stealth, they'd become well-known in society and people who don't pass entirely or those who have other differences from cis people can avoid being harassed because of those things, because it becomes normal… I dunno. Maybe that wouldn't work at all. But it's a nice theory, right?
I'm still going to show up in so-called "guymode" at times (for the uninitiated: dressing in male clothing / not slathering myself with buttloads of makeup), just because it's convenient. At some point that will come to an end when it becomes impossible to look male anymore… which will be a great accomplishment, but unlikely to happen soon.
Anyway, the stuff for people who might read this post and go "whaaaaa?", here's my humble requests: Just call me Megan, use she/her pronouns (would you use any other pronouns for a woman?), don't ask me about my genitals or other stupid shit cis people do, and don't murder me and throw my corpse into a lake. That last one's just a personal preference of mine, sorry. Just a little thing that would bother me if you did that.
Is that all the things I ought to say here? Probably.
I guess that's it, then. Sorry if you were hoping I was going to come out as gay. I mean, I am gay too, but for other women.

So yeah, this is my life now. I guess the thing covers off everything that I would otherwise say.

Posted by: SatoMew
Date: 2016-11-23 05:35:17

Alola everyone. I should probably start popping around here more often, like I used to… I've had a lot on my mind lately and a lot to do, I guess.

So anyway, as it turns out I'm a girl, basically.

If this decision allowed you to improve your life, then that's what matters :)

Date: 2016-11-23 05:40:20
Ummm, so have you changed your gender or you didn't know it the whole time?
Anyway, I'm currently beating the e4 rematch on Sun.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2016-11-23 05:53:45
Zowaiyx changed their (damn I suck at English grammar) gender ? Heh. welcome to the snail community #badjokeisobviouslysuperawful ! (And if it makes you feel better then all right and keep bumpin' these forum games, they've been quite down recently :()

Date: 2016-11-23 06:12:49
Who except me almost s**t themselves when they heard that spooky compressed SEGAAA! scream?
Click here for free money.
I didn't touch classic Sonic for a year.
A year later, same thing, stopped playing classic Sonic at all.

Posted by: camper
Date: 2016-11-23 11:50:34
Reminds me of this

Date: 2016-11-23 11:57:17
Uhhh, Fleentstooones flashbacks even from the name,
The video I linked in a nutshell.
SAAAAYGAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!
Basicly, these were Sonic8000's Genesis's last words, eventually the Z80 died, the Yamaica thingy died, and then the system itself commited sudoku.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2016-11-23 13:01:13
Wish the best for you Zowayix.  :) Good luck! You may be pleased to hear you're not alone, I want to identify as female too. I haven't had any feelings of dysphoria when I was younger, but it's just like I feel it matches me to be female. Because of the stereotype (re: 'born in wrong body' etc.) I have read there may be stigma in which people might say things like 'not trans enough'. Initially it made me anxious until I realized these are just some people's views. Everyone is different and we can be ourselves without fitting in with other's expectations, and I feel we have the right to express ourselves in the way we like.

Posted by: SatoMew
Date: 2016-11-23 13:19:28
You two are good respectful people and it's a good thing to see you happy.

[img height=495]https://i.imgur.com/kbpQz0A.png[/img]