Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 143

Re: The Member's Guide to Topiclessness

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-10-10 10:51:00

It wasn't?

It wasn't? Strange, when I first looked at the new settings it said: "Set to Russian"

Yeah, same with me; one of the first things I did after the upgrade was change the language back to English.

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2009-10-10 10:54:24
Aghhhhhhhhhh Stupid Upgrade!

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-10-10 11:05:39
I never had to change languages.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-10-10 11:48:02

This.

How about we don't upgrade any more? We're not going to upgrade to 2.0 Final, 2.whatever else, 3.0, anything. We're stuck on RC1.2. How's that?

It wasn't?

It wasn't? Strange, when I first looked at the new settings it said: "Set to Russian"

Yeah, same with me; one of the first things I did after the upgrade was change the language back to English.

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2009-10-10 12:18:34
Do what you wish, it's your forum!

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-10-10 15:32:57

This.

How about we don't upgrade any more? We're not going to upgrade to 2.0 Final, 2.whatever else, 3.0, anything. We're stuck on RC1.2. How's that?

It wasn't?

You sound mad. [as in, angry mad.] Anyway, do what you wish here, you DO own the place.

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-10-10 15:56:52
Of course, I've never been here for an upgrade, buy I'd definitely sacrifice a month of normalcy so we can keep up with more recent versions of SMF.

Anyways, it's stupid to bitch about it. Abwayax (I'm still going to call you that even though you changed your name; I'm just too used to it) doesn't appreciate it, especially since he's doing all he can to fix what's broken. I'm all good with what's going on around here because there's definite effort from both Ab and the other admins to ease the pains of upgrade.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-10-10 21:12:12
Uhh… what?
How is the admin pannel NOT like the profile?
…It should be…

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-10-10 21:22:12
Heh… I remember the upgrade from SMF 1.  Yeah, I really do miss the shop.  The arcade?  Not so much.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-10-10 21:22:50
We CAN get the shop back, you know.

Date: 2009-10-10 21:54:57

This.

It wasn't?

You sound mad. [as in, angry mad.] Anyway, do what you wish here, you DO own the place.

Yeah, it's kind of stressful when you have people practically begging for an upgrade, and then after the upgrade, people whining about it for some reason.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-10-10 22:02:54

Uhh… what?
How is the admin pannel NOT like the profile?
…It should be…

If you're talking about that side panel, Abwayax prefers to use the old SMF 1.X style of it and hit the << button to revert.  It's optional (so is the profile menu.)

Date: 2009-10-10 22:08:32

We CAN get the shop back, you know.

I am not installing that mod until we hit final.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-10-10 22:34:17
SMF Shop does NOT work with RC1.2.

Date: 2009-10-10 22:53:53
Is there a version of SMF Shop out there for 2.0? All the ones I've found are 1.1 only