Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 251

Re: The Glitchy Thread of Topiclessness (#3)

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2018-11-29 20:09:35

https://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?topic=8554

Sherkel locked the thread like a second before I could post my shitpost >:[

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2018-11-29 20:15:40

Just post it here. I'm curious now. :P

Date: 2018-11-29 20:30:40

Just post it here. I'm curious now. :P

It wasn't much of one, admittedly.

Epsilon sez:
Do not disrespect staff.

Yeah, that's my job.

Also, does anyone else keep getting 500 Internal Service Errors?

Date: 2018-11-29 20:35:44
I've a few 504s since logging in this evening. Been copying everything before hitting "Post" as a result.

[size=4pt]I don't recall any instances of you disrespecting staff, or anyone here for that matter…are you referring to something on Discord I missed?[/size]

Date: 2018-11-29 20:39:01

[size=4pt]I don't recall any instances of you disrespecting staff, or anyone here for that matter…are you referring to something on Discord I missed?[/size]

Yeah, I got banned for being a dick to the mods in Discord. Something like a month-ish ago.

Jesus Christ where did all these guests come from?

Posted by: Couldntthinkofaname
Date: 2018-11-29 20:43:03

Yeah, I got banned for being a dick to the mods in Discord. Something like a month-ish ago.

Jesus Christ where did all these guests come from?

Nah dude, you were never banned, just kicked. You should be free to return at anytime.

+40 WOM

Holy crap, we still have WOM?

Date: 2018-11-29 21:14:15
No clue about the guests, but something tells me it could be related to those temporary errors…
[img width=667 height=372]https://i.imgur.com/3m9je8k.png[/img]

I won't ask more about Discord.

Holy crap, we still have WOM?
Yep! It still works the same way it always used to, as well.

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2018-11-29 22:47:50
Discord got toxic on the mod front. I'm still trying to be careful here, since it's literally the same people, just here instead of there.

Date: 2018-11-29 23:46:17

Discord got toxic

#BanAssaultTM06s

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2018-11-30 00:26:52
So far as we can tell we were being mobbed by bots (a spam botnet or a badly behaved web crawler botnet) and that may have contributed to the occasional slowdowns and intermittent downtime. I have banned the offending IPs at the front-end server layer so their requests don't even hit the PHP layer. This should alleviate slowness issues.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-11-30 00:50:45
And it did!

Date: 2018-12-01 11:54:35

It's not a long game (honestly, you can beat it in a day if you want), so you should probably put it on the top of the list.
Plus, from what I know about you, you'll probably be very inspired by it.
I'm not very articulate right now, but I just want to say for the record, thank you. Only gotten the main ending, but I was not expecting it to be near that incredible. I got stuck for a bit on qiwehu, so I've got a long way to go gameplay-wise, but I'm filled with determination, so fqsyvyij qdt wudesytu udtydwi, here I come! :P

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2018-12-01 16:36:31

It's not a long game (honestly, you can beat it in a day if you want), so you should probably put it on the top of the list.
I'm not very articulate right now, but I just want to say for the record, thank you. Only gotten the main ending, but I was not expecting it to be near that incredible. I got stuck for a bit on qiwehu, so I've got a long way to go gameplay-wise, but I'm filled with determination, so fqsyvyij qdt wudesytu udtydwi, here I come! :P
das not rot-13
das rot-16

Date: 2018-12-01 17:04:35
>Decide to use a Scyther in VC Crystal
>Currently level 19 with fucking 49 AKT and 52 SPD

I mean it's gonna get rekt by Whitney's Miltank but still, wew.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-12-02 09:36:18

das not rot-13
das rot-16

It's a Caesar cipher with rotation 16, it's talking about endings and a boss. Funny enough, without deciphering, I deduced exactly what were the words! (Three letter word had to be "and" :P)

fqsyvyji is easy enough, although maybe a tad harder than a normal ending; you can't do it on your first playthough (one of the required events will never occur on your first playthrough), but if you didn't kill anyone, you can resume off of your normal ending's save file, the even will trigger since you've finished the game once.

wudesytu is just tedious and way too easy (which, in the grand scheme of things, makes it actually amazingly designed), except for two difficulty spikes you probably already know the name of ;D

Glad that you like the game that much! Before you begin on Deltarune, though, make sure you get informed about the lore (particularly the "unused" stuff, ESPECIALLY a certain character named "Wqijuh". Because there's a lot in Deltarune that references this guy as well, although never explicitly.
I mean, you don't have to, but you'll be missing on a bunch of stuff, really.

And, if you want something UNDERTALE-related, not canon, but still pretty interesting, once you got informed about "Wqijuh", look for LynxGriffin's "Dogs of Future Past" fan comic. It's pure fan stuff, but it makes great use of everything related to that character without being boring. And it's a compelling story, no less.
Make sure you've finished the game first, otherwise major spoilers :P