Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 149

Re: The Member's Guide to Topiclessness

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-10-16 21:43:33
Mine's not that private, but I'm going here for free. Not a public school, but I got a full scholarship (99 percentile on the High School Placement Test).

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-10-17 00:20:24

Yeah, I have to define them, give the part of speech, 3 synonyms, and 1 antonym.
They're weird words, though; I easily have the best vocabulary in my grade of 200 students, yet I don't recognize some of these.

Here's an example of what I have to do for each word (there are 20 words per set):

Bulwark-
A. a strong support or protection
B. noun
C. barrier, protection, stronghold
D. weak point

Sounds like the description of a condom! Or maybe a bra! XD

Sorry for all of the recently perverted posts. I'm horny today….

XD

I had to take the Vocab test today… I pwnd it  :P

My school doesn't do vocab. Probably because they think that we're good enough anyway. (A VERY private school.)

I'm in one of the best public schools in my state. It's better than my former private school, but I'm still bored out of my skull. Gah, why did they put me in Algebra 1?! It's just like Pre-Algebra, except you have to use "Algebra Tiles" and the teacher never tells us what we're supposed to be learning. I break pencils in that class.

Date: 2009-10-17 09:22:01
Hahaha, fortunately my Algebra class is difficult enough that I have to pay attention. It's an Honors class, which means it is advanced for our grade (about 1/4, maybe more than 1/4 of the kids in my grade are Honors students). However, in 8th grade, I had the same teacher last year (my high school and middle school are interrelated)that I had last year, and had a similar course, so I'm crushing everone else in the class.

I don't break pencils, though XD

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-10-17 12:05:30

Yeah, I have to define them, give the part of speech, 3 synonyms, and 1 antonym.
They're weird words, though; I easily have the best vocabulary in my grade of 200 students, yet I don't recognize some of these.

Here's an example of what I have to do for each word (there are 20 words per set):

Bulwark-
B. noun
D. weak point

XD

My school doesn't do vocab. Probably because they think that we're good enough anyway. (A VERY private school.)

I'm in one of the best public schools in my state. It's better than my former private school, but I'm still bored out of my skull. Gah, why did they put me in Algebra 1?! It's just like Pre-Algebra, except you have to use "Algebra Tiles" and the teacher never tells us what we're supposed to be learning. I break pencils in that class.

Me and a few other people at my school got to skip our second year of Pre-Algebra, and now we have to go the high school in the morning for math (Algebra II now) and carpool to our middle school.

Date: 2009-10-17 13:18:56

Me and a few other people at my school got to skip our second year of Pre-Algebra, and now we have to go the high school in the morning for math (Algebra II now) and carpool to our middle school.

Exactly what I did last year, except we could walk back and forth and there was 15 of us.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-10-17 13:59:48

Bulwark-
B. noun
D. weak point

XD

UNKNOWN OS

What were you using to submit this post?

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-10-17 14:18:12
Stating Obvious - Something with Opera installed

Actually I was wondering too. Were you using a DSi or something, Wa?

Date: 2009-10-17 14:49:42
Wow, I've never used [glow=blue,2,300]glow[/glow] text before. This is cool!

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-10-17 15:04:13

Bulwark-
B. noun
D. weak point

XD

UNKNOWN OS

Probably DSi, because it is Opera 9.5.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-10-17 16:21:04

Bulwark-
B. noun
D. weak point

XD

UNKNOWN OS

Probably DSi, because it is Opera 9.5.
Yeah, DSi, since it showed up as that when I posted using it.

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2009-10-17 17:36:21
will PSP do that too?

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-10-17 22:35:23

Bulwark-
B. noun
D. weak point

XD

What the hell are Algebra Tiles? (If you say learn Algebra, I'm already in Trigonometry so yeah.)

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-10-18 10:52:00
They're small plastic tiles that are used to help with visual learning of monomial and polynomial equations.  There are three sizes: 1*1, x*1, and x*x.

Also, they have a green or blue side (+) and a red side (-), so you can use them for equations like (x+3)(x-5).

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-10-18 11:13:23
Why have I not seen them before?

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-10-18 11:50:38
I learned the box method instead.
Worked well enough.