Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 256

Re: The Glitchy Thread of Topiclessness (#3)

Posted by: Couldntthinkofaname
Date: 2019-01-28 18:20:10

Everyone was villifying a Discord server owner because the server disappeared. I said I didn't wanna villify him until I get the full story.

Turns out the server was TOS'd and his account was beaned. Luckily, his alt was not.

So.
Yeah.

That's an oof.

Discord has done a lot of out-of-place TOSings recently. The events with Quackity HQ is one that comes to mind.

Still, not even remotely as bad as YouTube, who specifically targeted Mumkey Jones despite no clear evidence that rules were broken. His girlfriend even made a channel for him, but that was terminated before he even managed to crank out two videos.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2019-01-28 18:37:02
YouTube doesn't care about its creators, and hasn't in years. Dropping the "Broadcast Yourself" slogan was barely the tip of the iceberg of things to come.

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-01-28 19:06:57
Is the new image not yet in my sig too big of a spoiler? I felt like it was begging to be made, but first seeing it in context was one of my favorite moments in the game.

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-01-28 20:28:24

Is the new image not yet in my sig too big of a spoiler? I felt like it was begging to be made, but first seeing it in context was one of my favorite moments in the game.
FUCKING INFINITY WAR SPOILERS

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2019-01-29 03:09:08
Furby Air Ride is best CageCube game

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2019-01-29 06:00:36
@Sherk: The image isn't a spoiler, imo, however it feels a bit similar to…

<— this

Date: 2019-01-29 06:45:37

Maybe do it if you feel. :) I think it's one of those quotes that's found on the Internet a lot or maybe you could leave it as a link in your sig without the img tags.

(This made me emotional again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWQkcJ0Lj7I )

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-01-29 13:33:34
It's going in there for now! @ISSO, I think they complement each other well.

(That video made me think of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB57xnudhHw)
^ that has WAY more spoilers than what I asked about above, by the way. :P

Date: 2019-01-30 07:53:45
Oi, Piranha Plant is out. I read somewhere that using it in one of the three Mob Smash modes (don't remember which) can corrupt your save file. Unconfirmed because I don't have the Online backup, so I don't want to try.

Also fuck the paid online, I don't care about the extras (give me GC VC and we'll talk, Nintendo), and why do I have to pay to back up my saves?!? Tempted to use Fusée Gelée to do just that… -_-

Date: 2019-01-30 08:28:55
why do I have to pay to back up my saves?!? Tempted to use Fusée Gelée to do just that…
[img]https://pics.me.me/--14016663.png[/img]

Date: 2019-01-30 09:32:27

It's going in there for now! @ISSO, I think they complement each other well.

(That video made me think of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB57xnudhHw)
^ that has WAY more spoilers than what I asked about above, by the way. :P

Neat :)

Oi, Piranha Plant is out. I read somewhere that using it in one of the three Mob Smash modes (don't remember which) can corrupt your save file. Unconfirmed because I don't have the Online backup, so I don't want to try.

Also f**k the paid online, I don't care about the extras (give me GC VC and we'll talk, Nintendo), and why do I have to pay to back up my saves?!? Tempted to use Fusée Gelée to do just that… -_-

Ouch, that's concerning. I think I may have received mine through email. Is Classic Mode fine?

Yes, I empathise with that, like we didn't have to pay before so for a lot of us it can feel like an insult, and in a sense there is not much new (yet) like GC VC. Additionally not everyone has the money say if they want to play Smash, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, etc. online. (that's if those require the payment? Not sure?)

Date: 2019-01-30 11:09:11
Additionally not everyone has the money say if they want to play Smash, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, etc. online. (that's if those require the payment? Not sure?)
Yes. All online functions (besides stuff like updates) require payment.

Date: 2019-01-30 12:19:52

Additionally not everyone has the money say if they want to play Smash, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, etc. online. (that's if those require the payment? Not sure?)
Yes. All online functions (besides stuff like updates) require payment.

I see. Thanks! :)

Date: 2019-01-30 12:38:54

Also f**k the paid online, I don't care about the extras (give me GC VC and we'll talk, Nintendo), and why do I have to pay to back up my saves?!? Tempted to use Fusée Gelée to do just that… -_-

Ouch, that's concerning. I think I may have received mine through email. Is Classic Mode fine?

I guess it is. Also having the plant appear in All-Star Smash seems to be OK as whale.

As for my hesitation to use Fusée Gelée, well for starters I don't have the required cable, and I'm unsure how exactly I'd do it.

Date: 2019-01-30 12:41:10

I guess it is. Also having the plant appear in All-Star Smash seems to be OK as whale.

As for my hesitation to use Fusée Gelée, well for starters I don't have the required cable, and I'm unsure how exactly I'd do it.

I see, thanks!

Hope you find a solution.