Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 263

Re: The Glitchy Thread of Topiclessness (#3)

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2019-04-02 21:13:21
Nice comeback post. Also, the art of that Weavile… is well-drawn, but there's one half of it you don't wanna see x)

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2019-04-03 09:29:32
MUCH KAWAII. SO ADORABLE!! (* ><)=3

Nice comeback post. Also, the art of that Weavile… is well-drawn, but there's one half of it you don't wanna see x)

:-[

Had a fun game on Smash with my friend. Who would you like to be a DLC character? :) Me: Starfy, Style Savvist, Professor Layton, DeMille, Mike Jones from StarTropics, Hakkun, Mr. Gimmick or the Trip World protagonist (forgot his name, I think Yakopu??) representing SunSoft. Have a lot of these ideas actually.

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-04-03 11:21:17
Nice to see you on the forums again, Ganix! It's been a long time…is what I would say, but you've been one of the most active on Discord all that time. :P

How's everyone liking ZZAZZ's April Fools 2019 SRAM hacks? Personally I'm enjoying it all a lot, but I got kind of frustrated with a certain part last night and don't feel quite like going back to it yet because of that…maybe that's related to me playing while unable to sleep till after 6. ;) Really great work, though, absolutely worth a look if you're seeing this post for any reason. It's amazing how far you can go with this type of hacking, and the overarching design and witty dialogue certainly help.

If anyone needs a link: https://zzazzdzz.github.io/fools2019/

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2019-04-03 12:29:56

Nice to see you on the forums again, Ganix! It's been a long time…is what I would say, but you've been one of the most active on Discord all that time. :P

How's everyone liking ZZAZZ's April Fools 2019 SRAM hacks? Personally I'm enjoying it all a lot, but I got kind of frustrated with a certain part last night and don't feel quite like going back to it yet because of that…maybe that's related to me playing while unable to sleep till after 6. ;) Really great work, though, absolutely worth a look if you're seeing this post for any reason. It's amazing how far you can go with this type of hacking, and the overarching design and witty dialogue certainly help.

If anyone needs a link: https://zzazzdzz.github.io/fools2019/

Welcome back Ganix!! :)

I haven't seen it yet, as unfortunately have only got access to my Wii U at the moment. I saw the video though and it was amazing as usual, and fun that it's not out of the question something like it could happen re: emulator escape.

..maybe that's related to me playing while unable to sleep till after 6.

You're not alone. (couldn't sleep again)

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2019-04-04 20:52:08
'Sup everyone! I've been playing Wolfenstein 3D again, and slacking on working on my hack. :V I'm on Episode 5 floor 2, on the most difficult setting. I'm trying to get the last achievement I need for the game. I've beat it once already.

Date: 2019-04-04 23:03:18
I've been playing…fools2019, still. :P I think the Seaside Kingdom hidden path is the last straw for me, but I haven't been this engaged by a hack in a while. Makes me want to try Gaia, actually, considering Werster acknowledged it.

Date: 2019-04-05 10:23:08
I need to play that hack. xD I keep seeing people talk about it in the discord. BTW congrats on your promotion Sherkel!

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-04-05 11:21:45
yeet me into the fucking sun

Posted by: Couldntthinkofaname
Date: 2019-04-05 13:52:31

That's quite a difficult task.

What's got you down?

Date: 2019-04-05 13:55:33

I need to play that hack. xD I keep seeing people talk about it in the discord. BTW congrats on your promotion Sherkel!
There's a reason it has its own section in the Discord, I can say that much. It's especially of interest for those into assembly, but is still mostly "normal gameplay". There are two and a half more days to play it with the leaderboard and world map online, but if it's like 2018, all the save files will remain available afterward. Although, now that I think about it, you need to progress on one before making progress on another, and later backtracking to the first one and going back and forth a bunch…so this might be the only chance to "properly" play it. I'll have to ask ZZAZZ about that. Thanks, by the way!

As for suggestions for Smash, I can't really think of any. I'm just not into it enough anymore, and probably only ever was due to friends. I could see Starfy working, though.

Date: 2019-04-05 14:39:45

That's quite a difficult task.

What's got you down?
just frustrated

Date: 2019-04-06 13:38:26
A new record in softlock% for Blue! :P

http://tasvideos.org/6342S.html

By the way, despite the clarity of the image, it's neither from an emulator nor an SGB2. The page has more details if you're interested.

Date: 2019-04-07 18:22:08

By the way, despite the clarity of the image, it's neither from an emulator nor an SGB2. The page has more details if you're interested.
Gameboy Micro HDMI out???

Date: 2019-04-07 19:24:34
I've made some more progress on my hack. If you can figure out which unused map this was, then you get a virtual cookie or something. I won't share where exactly you can find it in my hack, I'd like to keep somethings secret. :P
[img]https://i.ibb.co/kMZR3yL/bgb00007.png[/img]

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4YMv8Hv/bgb00008.png[/img]

Date: 2019-04-07 20:07:15

Gameboy Micro HDMI out???
It's a filter for OBS that fixes "dead lines" (so to speak) that appear when playing through GBI, resulting in a pixel-perfect image. The paste explains it better than I could.

I've made some more progress on my hack. If you can figure out which unused map this was, then you get a virtual cookie or something. I won't share where exactly you can find it in my hack, I'd like to keep somethings secret. :P
[img]https://i.ibb.co/kMZR3yL/bgb00007.png[/img]

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4YMv8Hv/bgb00008.png[/img]
I still haven't dug too deep through the unused assets yet, but I can at least say it looks quite secret! Have you thought of compiling these all into a thread? Or is not enough of it done for that?