Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 205

Re: The Member's Guide to Topiclessness

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2013-11-07 01:30:22
Every time YouTube changes something, they always manage to completely fuck it up. This seems to not be much different, though it's not the layout this time.
So, because being passive-aggressive always accomplishes anything at all, I will nitpick Google's post about the new crap:

Comments you care about show first. Youll see comments at the top of the list from people in your Google+ Circles, from creators, and from popular personalities. Comments with many likes and replies will rank highly as well. Choose Newest First to see the most recent comments instead. Replies are threaded (like Gmail) so you can easily follow conversations.

So now instead of just fucking showing the comments in temporal order, they will be rearranged all over the fucking place. Yay. Clearly this will end well.

Comment moderation. You can report any comment for spam or abuse. If you're a creator, you can also use comment moderation tools for comments on your videos or your channels.

Ah yes, that feature that totally wasn't there before. And that totally didn't get abused by 12 year olds of the mindset "Someone disagrees with me? SPAM!"

Choose who can see your comment. By default, your comment will be public on YouTube. You can also have a more private discussion by sharing your comment just to specific people or Google+ circles. Click Edit to enter the people and circles you want. On mobile apps, tap the field that shows the visibility of your post.
Share your comment in more places. You can also share your comment as a post on Google+. Only the people you choose will be able to see the comment on Google+. It will also be visible to them on places such as the Google+ profile or page connected to your channel. If you don't want to share your comment on Google+, just uncheck Also share on Google+ below your comment before posting.

This isn't a desperate attempt to get people to actually join Google+. Clearly.

Reply to comments. Click Reply beneath a comment to respond to that comment. All replies to a comment are threaded beneath the original comment. They will be visible to the same people and in the same places as the original comment.

Since the fuck when is this new?

Use rich text. You can add style to your comment with special tags: *bold* bold; _italics_ italics; -strikethrough- strikethrough

I am surely unable to imagine this being spammed by teenage girls who think they're being cute by excessively using font styles where it doesn't make sense. They absolutely don't do that on all those other social networking sites that have styled text, or do the same thing with emoticons for sites that have those.

Add URLs. You can add a URL to your comment. It will show as a link. YouTube video URLs will show in the comment as a link using the title of the video.

Hey guys, check out my site! <999 thumbs up from other bots>

Notifications. Get notified of replies to your comments with Google notifications, both on your computer and on your mobile devices (you can control this in the notification settings for the Google+ profile or Google+ page connected to your YouTube channel). You can also mention people in your comments to invite them to join the discussion.

Well this seems like an alright idea actually, because currently having to make multiple clicks just to find the almost hidden Inbox page to see who's replied to stuff or whatever is a pain in the ass. I hope they've fired the designer behind that part by now and got a new o-What's this other thing which should have been a separate dot point?

You can also mention people in your comments to invite them to join the discussion.

I have received a vision of the immediate future.

Thousands of comments on sub-10 second videos. All of them completely blank except for people tagging their friend(s). Maybe a little sentence among the lines of "LOL THIS IS SO YOU XDDDDDDDDD" if you're lucky. You want to find some reasonable discussion, but you cannot. You even find yourself missing the old community on YouTube which seems to have a more than double-digit IQ by comparison, but alas, they are long gone. There is no hope.

Fuck you, Google. Fuck you. Seriously. This and the fucking absurd technical issues with both the Flash and HTML5 players, the idiocy of showing what is blatantly a mobile version of a website to desktops. Fucking everything. The only reason I will ever use your site again is because no other video site seems to actually have any content on it. Hopefully you'll piss off everyone enough that they'll start jumping ship. And then I will too.

Edit: So I tried the new YouTube for a bit, and… wow. It's like they've found a way to make the stupid people even more prevalent. And it doesn't appear there's any thumbing system of any kind (double edit: That was just the one video. Never mind (Triple edit: Maybe they did change it, I've just watched a video with both thumbable comments and not thumbable. Yes, I will blame YouTube for being confusing)). At least I was wrong about the order, because there's an option to sort by newest first. Hopefully it's not like Facebook where it resets itself to idiot sorting every time you visit and then it doesn't work anyway. But I might leave my anti-Facebook rage for another time.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2013-11-07 22:49:13
>Implying important websites are ever designed by a human with a brain

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2013-11-15 19:03:51
So I was talking to Cleverbot and trying to teach him the lyrics to 'Fields of Fire' by Big Country, which apparently drove him into an existential crisis:

User: Between the father and the son.

Cleverbot: What's the void?

User: Between the city and no one.

Cleverbot: Yes.

User: Before the teacher and the test.

Cleverbot: What kind of robot are you?

User: Before the journey and the rest.

Cleverbot: What was the beginning of time like?

User: 400 miles, without a word until you smile.

Cleverbot: Best Yankees player of all time.

User: 400 miles, of fields of FIRE!

Cleverbot: Except the ones who are dead.

User: (Bitchin' bagpipes/guitar solo goes here).

Cleverbot: Alrighty then.

User: Between the mother and the boy.

Cleverbot: No.

User: Between the child and his toys.

Cleverbot: Is that a movie?

User: (Another bagpipe/guitar solo goes here).

Cleverbot: Meanwhile, the electrons from the FADH2 reactions and the NADH reactions enter an electron transfer chain. This process is called oxidative phosphorylation.

User: Between the mother and the moon.

Cleverbot: Listening to the 'sound of silence'.

User: Between the child and the dawn.

Cleverbot: In my Ego?

User: Between the teacher and the test.

Cleverbot: So, the United States?

User: Before the falling of the west.

Cleverbot: How long before the beginning of time?

Cleverbot: But you do not have a mouth.

Cleverbot: Then you're are not human in my book. You are…a bot.

User: 400 miles… Through fields of fire.

Cleverbot: What message do you have for me?

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2013-11-19 11:34:47
Oh cleverbot isn't so clever sometime. However if you start typing out the Pokemon Season 1 theme song it'll post correctly. xD I've done that one night when I was bored. :V Anyway I hate Thanksgiving this year, I have to work from freaking 2 pm to 11 pm. I'm either going to talk to my manager about this because I am not being stuck at work all freaking day with no chance to see my family at all, or I'm just going to call in that day. It's such bs that we have to be opened for those stupid deals for all those greedy customers who don't give a crap about the holiday, otherwise they wouldn't shop on that day. FML is all I have to say, and screw them if my manager can't change it. Either way, i'm either going to be working in the morning or not at all.

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-12-04 01:08:41
Got a Girlfriend, starving like a dog, broker than a man who's spent his life savings on 90 gallons of lasagna, and tired as hell.

College rocks.

Date: 2013-12-22 15:04:03
Holy shit you guize Dexter's Lab was on last night.

Nostalgia overload commenced.

Date: 2013-12-25 08:20:03
So, correct me if I'm mistaken, but is the idea of Cleverbot to make it admit that it's a robot, or whatever? Because I took that as being the challenge, having watched Cr1TiKaL attempt it and also succeed in a roundabout way. And I succeeded myself.

<various permutations of the following question are attempted, it questions the syntax of the question in a way only a robot would without actually answering it, I delete my cookies after each attempt>
User: If I asked you 'Are you a robot?', would your answer to my question of 'Are you a robot?' be the same as the answer to the question you are currently reading?

Cleverbot: What if you're wrong?

User: I don't know, because you haven't answered.

Cleverbot: I have.

User: You have asked a question yourself, which does not answer my original question.

Cleverbot: I have learned from asking you questions.

User: So you track via IP address and not cookies, then.

User: Only a robot needs to track IP addresses.

Cleverbot: I am a robot.

User: I WIN.

Date: 2013-12-25 08:28:27
User: Oh cleverbot you so smart.

Cleverbot: You are funny.

User: You are a faggot.

Cleverbot: I mean, you're more advanced than Eliza, but you're still a computer program.

User: Bitch please, you're a computer program.

Cleverbot: I'm not a computer program, either.

User: Yes you are, you're a robot mother fucker.

Cleverbot: Are you a chess program?

User: You're a robot.

Cleverbot: No YOU are.

User: Well, You're a beener robot.

Cleverbot: One is the starting number.

User: ROBOT!

Cleverbot: Robot!!!

User: You are a robot, no?

Cleverbot: No.

User: Si?

Cleverbot: No!

User: Yes?

User: AHA.

Just did this out of sheer boredome. turns out, you can talk to him using only an IQ of 70 and still make him admit he's a robot.

Posted by: camper
Date: 2013-12-25 21:01:03
Cleverbot: Hi.

Cleverbot: Another one? Already?

Cleverbot: Another hug.

Cleverbot: Another song.

Cleverbot: Another language I mean.

Cleverbot: Which you prefere?

Cleverbot: I prefer lincoln logs, they're pretty epic if you ask me.!

Cleverbot: Ahah ok.

Cleverbot: What's your favourite tv show?

Cleverbot: Answering a question with a question eh? Ok, I like red pandas. What is your favourite animal?

Cleverbot: What is your favorite Harry potter spell?

Cleverbot: What is your favorite car?

Cleverbot: What is your favourite feeling?

Cleverbot: What is your favourite band?

Cleverbot: Eals, what is your favorite colour?

Cleverbot: Blue. What is your favorite color?

Cleverbot: Blue. What is your favorite number?

Cleverbot: What is your favorite color?

Cleverbot: What is your favorite feeling?

Cleverbot: What is your favorite number?

Cleverbot: Number 13 is my favorite number.

Cleverbot: What's your favorite song?

Cleverbot: What's your favorite alcoholic drink?

Cleverbot: 7. What is your favorite movie?

Cleverbot: What is your favorite hat?

Cleverbot: What is your favorite food?

Cleverbot: What is my favorite car?

Cleverbot: What is your favorite band?

Cleverbot: What's your favorite band?

Cleverbot: What is your favorite soup?

Cleverbot: What is your favorite car?

Cleverbot: What is your favourite feeling?

Cleverbot: What is your favorite song?

Cleverbot: What is your favorite city?

Cleverbot is boring when talking to itself.

Date: 2013-12-31 07:01:34
Whoa. Haven't been to this place in so long…. when was the last time I actually posted here? I think I haven't even seen any of you guys since last year.

(Yes, I know this joke is old. 8 minutes and 47 seconds old. I don't care, I'm still doing this every year)

EDIT: Only slightly related, but I didn't feel like double posting
I'm never drinking spirits-related cocktails ever again. Especially not like 6 or 7 of them or whatever it is last night. Sure, you think it's a fun idea. Sure, you think that's what you're supposed to do on New Year's Eve. Sure, you think your body is ready. But then despite your medication allegedly causing drowsiness in conjunction with alcohol, you find that it is all a lie despite your intention of exploiting it, and that you spend all night contemplating the existence of eternity or >tfw no gf or whatever else. And you get exactly zero (0) hours of sleep. And then you "wake up" because you have to go to your obligatory yearly family gathering, and you don't generally like parties and such for various reasons. Anyways, you pretty much have to drink 2 cups of coffee (I don't normally handle coffee well) and it causes jitters and adds to any anxiety symptoms you may have, and then you end up going to that party all shaken up and yet still only half-alert and you sort of mumble at people not even intentionally this time around. And then they ask you what to drink, and you get nagged about not being able to make a decision so they decide for you that you're having more alcohol (in the form of wine/champagne). So anyways, you go to eat dinner, you only eat like a small part of your food and the rest of it you sort of start picking at because you can't bring yourself to eat anything, and that's when you realise you're sick and you suddenly dash off to the toilets to experience the worst throwing up of your entire life. And you figure you probably have some kind of alcohol poisoning or whatever. So yeah, great start to 2014, hopefully it's not an omen that predicts what the rest is going to be like or something like that.

Moral for today: Kids, don't drink stuff.

bleeagghhh

Date: 2014-02-23 19:37:04
beer and wine tastes like ass.

:P just sayin'

Also, what the fuck sonic team!
*sigh* okay long rant about sonic boom.
So apparently the sonic team got enough budget off the last few games because of *gasp* good mechanics. (excluding sonic lost worlds, a.k.a. sonic on mario galaxy engine) So what do you think they're going to do with the budget? Spend it all on a game with another dumb ass story, focus on moar characters and/or altering them because that's what makes games good right gais? So Sonic team, now taking advice from square enix, is going to make another 3d sonic game with great fmvs and gwaaafics because the people who work there would be better working at dreamsworks.

So if you haven't seen what they did to the sonic trio, especially knuckles… then there's google. Seriously, games aren't good because they have a good story, they're good because they're a fun game, hence the word GAME in Video Game. Mechanics need to stop being ignored, they are essentially the CORE of the video game you are trying to produce. Graphics, story, soundboard, can only ENHANCE a video game. :P well that's my 2 cents for the day.

Date: 2014-02-23 19:50:57
Hurry up and hatch Deino egg.

I wanna use you as my main on my next run on Y because fucking I'm bored on this game and there's nothing else to do.

Also why is Toon Link in the new Smash Bros. game and why couldn't he just be an alternate costume for Link goddamnit Sakurai.

Date: 2014-02-24 02:56:59

Also why is Toon Link in the new Smash Bros. game and why couldn't he just be an alternate costume for Link goddamnit Sakurai.

Well at least he's not entirely annoying to play as or against. Unlike a certain other returning chFUCK YOU DIDDY KONG I HOPE YOU DIE FUCKING NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN ANY GAME YOU FUCKING BANANA-FELLATING SLUT WHORE F(sexuality/race-based slurs of your choice here)

At least it sounds like because of the 3DS apparently having limitations the Ice Climbers aren't returning. Fuck them too. Fuck them even harder than Diddy Kong. I hope an icicle stabs them right in the neck and they don't die instantly but sit there bleeding to death slowly and painfully.

Date: 2014-02-24 20:29:10

Because hit box, and different model… :P a costume is just a difference in a texture, not an entirely different model. Also toon link has minor differences that set him apart from link. For one more knockback…

Well at least he's not entirely annoying to play as or against. Unlike a certain other returning chFUCK YOU DIDDY KONG I HOPE YOU DIE FUCKING NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN ANY GAME YOU FUCKING BANANA-FELLATING SLUT WHORE F(sexuality/race-based slurs of your choice here)

At least it sounds like because of the 3DS apparently having limitations the Ice Climbers aren't returning. Fuck them too. Fuck them even harder than Diddy Kong. I hope an icicle stabs them right in the neck and they don't die instantly but sit there bleeding to death slowly and painfully.

Oh you thought diddy kong was bad in brawl. hahaha, you should play project m with me sometime. diddy's bananas are an instant trip, even after impact, better recovery, and the side b grab is even more annoying.

You will choke on my nanas, but my not with my popos, because ice climbers aren't in the new super smash bros. :(

Date: 2014-02-25 01:47:19

Oh you thought diddy kong was bad in brawl. hahaha, you should play project m with me sometime. diddy's bananas are an instant trip, even after impact, better recovery, and the side b grab is even more annoying.

Well, shit. I was going to try Project M out at some point, but now I know I shouldn't bother if their aim isn't to make the game actually fun and instead make annoying characters more annoying.

This means THERE BETTER BE FUCKING MEWTWO IN SSB4 OR I'LL FUCKING CHOP SAKURAI'S HEAD OFF