Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 135

Re: The Member's Guide to Topiclessness

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-09-26 14:31:21

What? Im happy so that what counts!

I have to agree with you. If you don't feel like following Glisp's advice, don't. I face the same dilemma while using the Wi-Fi Battle feature at the Battle Tower in my Diamond; I rarely win, but I really don't feel like giving in and training that Latias from my Emerald or EV training a Close Combat Life Orb Infernape (which is really overused because it's such pwnage.) I have more fun raising weird stuff like a Night Slash/X Scissor Shedinja. Who knows, though? You may have more fun with Sonic 3 and Knuckles.
I don't have enough Wii points to play!

You can probably alternatively get Sonic Mega Collection Plus for the PS2 or Xbox, Sonic Mega Collection for the Gamecube, (it is an unlockable game in both versions iirc), or you could download the rom file and play it with a Genesis/Mega Drive Emulator such as Kega Fusion or Gens. (yeah you can download Sonic 3 and Knuckles as one rom file.)

Also, in S3K, you can play as Knuckles through the stages of Sonic the Hedgehog 3. (That means he'll start in Angel Island Zone.) Actually you might want to watch this youtube video to see some of the cool features S3K has to offer:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeE0J2-njDY[/youtube]

I reccomend watching this in high quality btw.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-09-26 14:59:18
Anyone know how to get free Wii Points?

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-09-26 16:07:27
Did you get the Internet Thing?
If you had to buy, you will get free Wii Points by the end of October.

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2009-09-26 16:12:18
Now it's free so WOOT!

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-09-26 23:05:15

Did you get the Internet Thing?
If you had to buy, you will get free Wii Points by the end of October.

No, you get a free NES download.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-09-27 04:48:26

What? Im happy so that what counts!

I have to agree with you. If you don't feel like following Glisp's advice, don't. I face the same dilemma while using the Wi-Fi Battle feature at the Battle Tower in my Diamond; I rarely win, but I really don't feel like giving in and training that Latias from my Emerald or EV training a Close Combat Life Orb Infernape (which is really overused because it's such pwnage.) I have more fun raising weird stuff like a Night Slash/X Scissor Shedinja. Who knows, though? You may have more fun with Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

Infernape? Overused? I haven't seen an Infernape in Smogon's Battle Frontier records thread for ages. If you want overused, try Scizor or Garchomp.

Date: 2009-09-27 08:48:04
try charmander from R/B

Date: 2009-09-27 09:21:49
My cousin's having weird problems with his Crystal version that I found for him at a yard sale. Each time he runs into a wild Pokémon, its a Polywag. What's funny is that he had only go up to Mr.Pokémon's house when this happened.

What would cause it to act this way anyway?

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-09-27 09:28:31
Random encounters.

Unless of course it's even happening on routes which don't usually have that specific Pokémon,

Date: 2009-09-27 09:31:24
forced encounter cheat probably.

Date: 2009-09-27 11:30:08

Unless of course it's even happening on routes which don't usually have that specific Pokémon,

Its even happening on routes where Polywag isn't supposed to be and there weren't any cheats on either. (we don't have a Gameboy Color Gameshark.)

It's just happening out of weirdness. I SAID IT WAS HAPPENING ON THE ROUTE THAT LEADS TO MR.Pokémon'S HOUSE AND AS FAR AS I CAN REMEMBER YOU NEVER ENCOUNTER POLYWAG ON LAND THERE.

Sorry for getting snappy but I hate it when people never listen to me.

Date: 2009-09-27 11:30:59
What did you say?
just kidding!

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-09-27 12:13:35

Its even happening on routes where Polywag isn't supposed to be and there weren't any cheats on either. (we don't have a Gameboy Color Gameshark.)

It's just happening out of weirdness. I SAID IT WAS HAPPENING ON THE ROUTE THAT LEADS TO MR.Pokémon'S HOUSE AND AS FAR AS I CAN REMEMBER YOU NEVER ENCOUNTER POLYWAG ON LAND THERE.

ACTUALLY, you CAN find Poliwag on Crystal on that route, in the grass.I've only encouuntered them at night, myself.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-09-27 15:59:06

ACTUALLY, you CAN find Poliwag on Crystal on that route, in the grass.I've only encouuntered them at night, myself.

I've never even seen a Poliwag. Ever.

Now I'm in Mutou Yami's sig. It's a shame that I can't read Japanese.

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-09-27 16:05:42

I've never even seen a Poliwag. Ever.

Now I'm in Mutou Yami's sig. It's a shame that I can't read Japanese.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Poliwag_(Pok%C3%A9mon)#Game_locations

Route thirty is Mr. Pokémon's route.