Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 218

Re: The Member's Guide to Topiclessness

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2016-02-14 00:21:03

pre ordered pokken and a controller, wish me luck at evo 2016 fam.

Entering the SSB stuff as well?

Wait a minute didn't Evo 2016 already happen? I'm sure one of the 2016 things did. I'm confused.

July 15-17
I doubt i'll be able to go in all honesty but i'm going to see if i can convince a group of friends. Idk zowayix, think i should do sm4sh? i mean, you of all people know i'm decent, if not gud.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2016-02-14 05:26:43
If you can afford the entry fee or whatever else is the requirement then why not? What's the worst that can happen, you end up in losers bracket and lose and then you don't win? You still get to play it.

Date: 2016-02-21 06:41:35
So speaking o' SSB4 tournaments

http://actsmash.challonge.com/capsmash10s4a

That's right motherfuckers, attended my first one. I got 9th place in the amateur bracket (you get sent there if you don't win pools*), which is in fact not last. I got not last.

*Which I didn't, I lost 0-2 every single match there. Got put in the same pool as some pro players like the one Wii Fit Trainer guy who's the top ranked in the whole region and the 3rd in the entire country…

He said I had a decent Mewtwo tho

Date: 2016-02-21 19:11:55

That's right motherfuckers, attended my first one. I got 9th place in the amateur bracket (you get sent there if you don't win pools*), which is in fact not last. I got not last.

*Which I didn't, I lost 0-2 every single match there. Got put in the same pool as some pro players like the one Wii Fit Trainer guy who's the top ranked in the whole region and the 3rd in the entire country…

He said I had a decent Mewtwo tho

>The top ranked in the whole region is a wii fit main

Not bad zo, lemme know if you want to play some lag matches to train or whatnot. I need to start hitting some more locals, works been eating up most my time though.

Date: 2016-02-23 06:37:24

>The top ranked in the whole region is a wii fit main

Well, Waveguider's a crazy good Wii Fit main. I still can't figure out if he just uses Wii Fit for disrespect and he could use a high tier if he wanted, if he believes that Wii Fit Trainer actually has some untapped potential and is tournament viable, or if he belives she's not but feels comfortable using her and Greninja anyway (the latter is my excuse for using Lucina instead of Marth and for playing Mewtwo aggressively and not defensively).

It sounds like some of my pools matches might end up on YouTube, because they were on the streaming setup that was used for top 8 pro bracket later in the evening. Should be interesting to see what /r/CrazyHand has to say about why I'm terrible. I guess until then, I'll be making the time to check out the meetups they have every Thursday night (basically just a few hours of friendlies as I understand it). I don't trust my internet connection so it'll be the only practice I can have, unless I can think of a better way. Maybe hang out on QLDSmash more and play against some actual strayans online, and if I still get lag there, maybe start wondering why I pay my ISP $100 a month for slow internet.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2016-02-28 18:55:02

For your first run in a tournament, a 9th place finish, even in the amateur bracket, is pretty good.

I created a local biweekly for my region (PNW) where we get around 60+ players every two weeks. I normally place around 17th or so, which as a ROB main is pretty good… it's also streamed at twitch.tv/satellitesmash [end shameless advertisement].

We should organize a netplay tournament for all of us on here who play Smash 4. The Glitch City Championship?

Date: 2016-02-28 19:10:54

For your first run in a tournament, a 9th place finish, even in the amateur bracket, is pretty good.

I created a local biweekly for my region (PNW) where we get around 60+ players every two weeks. I normally place around 17th or so, which as a ROB main is pretty good… it's also streamed at twitch.tv/satellitesmash [end shameless advertisement].

We should organize a netplay tournament for all of us on here who play Smash 4. The Glitch City Championship?

Sounds glorious, i'll be taking my win now.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2016-04-17 03:02:02
So the other day I was on Discord, and I saw an intro message pop up from someone named "SCF3".
I was like "huh, this looks familiar, I wonder who this person is on Twitter" and looked up who SCF3 was on Twitter and sent them a brief message asking them if they had an account on GCL.

They did. Basically, I accidentally found Scared_Fir3 on Twitter. I didn't even know she played competitive Smash Bros/streamed on Twitch! It was cool.

Posted by: voltage
Date: 2016-04-17 23:51:23
That's interesting.

Date: 2016-04-21 16:15:49

So the other day I was on Discord, and I saw an intro message pop up from someone named "SCF3".
I was like "huh, this looks familiar, I wonder who this person is on Twitter" and looked up who SCF3 was on Twitter and sent them a brief message asking them if they had an account on GCL.

They did. Basically, I accidentally found Scared_Fir3 on Twitter. I didn't even know she played competitive Smash Bros/streamed on Twitch! It was cool.

who she main?

Posted by: Meganium Man
Date: 2016-05-05 17:48:07
Hey dudes and dudettes, it's me, Bert.

So after some bullshit involving me losing my Internet at the end of October and getting it back in March, I've come to discover I have no clue what my password is!

I was wondering if someone could reset my password for me? If so, thanks!

My email is weirdcapedguy@aol.com, so contact me through that if necessary.

Thanks again.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2016-05-08 19:53:48

Hey dudes and dudettes, it's me, Bert.

So after some bullshit involving me losing my Internet at the end of October and getting it back in March, I've come to discover I have no clue what my password is!

I was wondering if someone could reset my password for me? If so, thanks!

My email is weirdcapedguy@aol.com, so contact me through that if necessary.

Thanks again.

Done

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2016-05-08 20:33:10
I LIVE AGAIN!

Hi everyone.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2016-06-10 15:35:11
I'm fucking terrified to use elevators in Duke Nukem 64 now.

There I was, dicking around Area 51 and coming upon the room with the big blue spaceship in it. Once I got the access card to activate the elevator at the far end of the room, I hear the familiar roar of the Mini Battlelord.

My plan was to place a bunch of pipe bombs in the elevator and then have it drop to the lower level, where that asshole was walking around, and detonate them. It worked the first time, and I heard his damage roar.

But I forgot the shithead knew how elevators worked.

Once the elevator comes back up, I am greeted by that big stupid minotaur and all his grenades and turrets, dying as ingloriously as possible.

F**k you, Mini Battlelord. I don't like you as a boss, and I sure as fuck don't like you for being a cheap cop-out of an enemy.

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2016-08-25 11:10:14

I'd go for this sort of thing. I am a fair Samus main (in the local area) but I have no idea how I'd do in a pro tourney. Also, I don't have a Wii U. Y'know, money, being 15, etc.