Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 204

Re: The Member's Guide to Topiclessness

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2013-10-17 03:49:02

The only animu I watch is Medabots. It hasn't been aired in like ten years, but I have season one on DVD. Still trying to find season two.

An early episode (I think it was the second episode) had Metabee finding a watermelon and glomping it. Metabee is basically the token black character of the show, but the creators got away with it by saying that he's based on a type of beatle which enjoys melon (such a thing does exist).

To make it funnier, Metabee's voice actor, Joseph Motiki, is black.

I wasn't able to tell from a quick Google where season 1 of this Medabots thingy ends and where season 2 begins, but this seems to have all of them except something called "Medabots Spirit":
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MEDABOTS-COMPLETE-COLLECTION-VOLUME-1-12-ANIME-ROBOTS-ADV-FILMS-DVD-2002-2003-/251356982143?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item3a860b2b7f&_uhb=1

Anime can be quite the expensive obsession if you let it. (Probably just as well I have a full-time job)

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-10-24 13:22:26
who here likes sharing a cozy cup of lapsang souchong tea?

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2013-10-24 15:57:58
So I've got all these episodic stories of two Pichu brothers who fight crime lying around and was wondering if anyone knew of a decent website builder I could put them on? I was thinking of WordPress or something like that. Preferrably not Fanfiction.net.

Date: 2013-10-25 04:43:20
So recently I decided to back this Kickstarter project, because I have too much money. You guys probably should too if you also have too much money and like Pokemon soundtrack rearrangements, but that's not what this post is about. This post is about a story.

I was deciding which reward tier to aim for, and I figured to not bother with the last two because they just involve going to America. It's not so much that I don't ever want to go to America in my entire life (I sort of do feel that way sometimes, but I'm sure it's not that much of a bad place as I make it out to be), it's just that understandably travel isn't included so I'd have to start preparing to go there (and while I have nothing against a recording session (I'll probably watch that livestream), it's not worth the effort of travelling overseas just to see one). Also, from the perspective of real life, I'd be just randomly travelling to a place I've made statements in the past saying I probably don't want to travel to, and also when I've stated that I don't like travelling in general (which is mostly true). So that would be socially awkward.

I could just donate $500 or $666 or whatever I was planning on and just pick a lower tier, but I can't because it rustles my not-really-OCD-related jimmies. And would be socially awkward, at the very least internally, but also if someone asked me why I didn't pick the higher reward tier (and I would have to give an overly detailed explanation similar to the one above). So, I pledged $499.99, because I wanted to support the project as much as possible with a minimum of any kind of awkwardness for either parties. In retrospect, none of this even remotely matters as much as I think it does, but that's social anxiety disorder for you. Or Asperger's Syndrome. Or general insanity. Or just being a weirdo who needs to stop complaining. Your pick.

And then today, I received this email.

Hey Andrew, first off, thank you for your incredibly generous pledge! Braxton and I both received the notification and we were stunned! (super effective)

We have to ask, because we're both really confused, but what made you stop a penny short of the $500 tier?? Seeing as how you're from Australia I would assume that traveling here is rather complicated, but we'll keep a spot reserved for you or someone under your name regardless!

Eric (and Braxton)

My plan to avoid social awkwardness has resulted in more social awkwardness. I can't just leave them hanging and never reply to them for the rest of my life, but on the other hand I wasn't prepared to handle this kind of situation (though I never really can be prepared for any kind of social interaction) and I don't know what I can possibly reply to them with, being under the limitations of social awkwardness.

What do? All I can think of is play the role of an eccentric billiontwo thousandishaire.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2013-10-25 07:51:30
I think if you be direct with them and just say 'sorry, I'm not prepared to go to America. I appreciate the offer though.' they'll understand. You don't even need to give a reason, because that's how it is. If they try to convince you to go, just repeat that you're not ready to go.

Date: 2013-10-25 08:54:49
>me
>being direct with people

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/8ukDMeY.gif[/img]

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFff
I'll just be over here crawled up in a corner or something.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2013-10-25 09:13:41
I'm sure it will be fine. Don't worry.

Date: 2013-10-25 09:39:29

I'm sure it will be fine. Don't worry.

Seriously, where's the upvote feature on this forum?

Date: 2013-10-26 14:05:02
liek dis if u crie everytim XDDDDD

Also, I watched a marathon of old South Park episodes last night. Stuff like 'Cartman's Silly Hate Crime' and 'Timmy 2000.' I haven't watched any of the new season considering Trey and Matt have becoming incredibly obnoxious and self-congratulatory with their opinions. At least when in early episodes, it was tongue-in-cheek.

Bah, just found out that Bill Hader is writing for them. No wonder it seems like a giant SNL sketch now.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2013-10-26 23:55:58
Zowayix. Just come to the US.

Date: 2013-10-27 14:50:06
…please tell me this isn't anybody here….
PLEASE TELL ME IT ISN'T ANYBODY HERE!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBefgQgDLGA

Date: 2013-10-27 15:25:54
apology for poor english
when were you when lou read dies
i was sat at home listening blind guardian when fred rings
'lou is die'
'LOL'
and you????????????

Brb, going to Hell.

But srsly RIP Lou Reed.

Date: 2013-11-01 14:46:29
http://espurr.net/

o_o the internet really loves espurr

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2013-11-01 21:55:53
Espurr is simply adorable, everyone seems to be afraid of it. It's my favorite non legendary Pokemon now. <3 I mean what's so creepy about this cute adorable little cat? It's expression just makes me want to hug it since it looks like it's been through too much. :(
[img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/archive/0/09/20131018020223%21677Espurr.png[/img]

Date: 2013-11-06 20:51:57
uhhh….so youtube changed their commenting thingy to be all about "google plus"…

Personally, I hate it. I don't want anything to do with the social networking, so now, as a user, I am constantly bothered, and almost FORCED to get it.

aye, anybody else here have the same feelings?