Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 231

Re: The Member's Guide to Topiclessness

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2017-02-09 00:22:51
My internet carrier just decided to kill my Wi-Fi network, I didn't have Wi-Fi for the past 9 hours now…

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2017-02-10 19:52:40
I just noticed Game Freak has an anime game of some sort on Steam.

By a show of generic arm-like appendages, who thinks it's fucking broken?

Date: 2017-02-11 09:53:09
Did anyone try out a friendly competition yet? If yes, the tell me, if I create my own one, do I need to practicipate in it?

EDIT:Today is the sad day, my 3DS got it's first dead pixels, it actually looks differently IRL, but… should I say *rip in piss* now? Or wait?

Date: 2017-02-11 23:36:15
If the framerate's high enough in DS mode, DiagnoSe'll get rid of those real quick. ;)

Date: 2017-02-12 02:31:48
The framerate in DS mode is fine, so I'll try that today, just give me a link to that homebrew. (R4's are magic)
Btw, it's the bottom one of you didn't figure it out yourself.

Date: 2017-02-12 08:55:09

The framerate in DS mode is fine, so I'll try that today, just give me a link to that homebrew. (R4's are magic)

http://gamebrew.org/wiki/Diagnose
Probably should PM this, but here you go.

Date: 2017-02-12 13:04:58

Doing it right now, with no luck right now 😥

Date: 2017-02-12 13:07:14

Doing it right now, with no luck right now 😥

Do target mode, put it under it and leave it for an hour. The framerate also may not be high enough.

Date: 2017-02-12 13:38:42
But here's the catch, the pixels in the tool don't line up with the stuck pixels.
It's been sitting for an hour, but sadly, no changes, but I found a amusing Bug, try to choose to reset your device, and it will direct you to a glitch option, with clever D-pad management, you can view more glitch options, they sadly don't do anything.

Date: 2017-02-12 16:13:13

But here's the catch, the pixels in the tool don't line up with the stuck pixels.
It's been sitting for an hour, but sadly, no changes, but I found a amusing Bug, try to choose to reset your device, and it will direct you to a glitch option, with clever D-pad management, you can view more glitch options, they sadly don't do anything.
Go far enough down the glitch item list and it'll overwrite screen data. You're welcome.
EDIT: Actually, just watch. It's writing ROM to RAM.
https://youtu.be/0GHIC764cDw
I'll add CC commentary later.

Date: 2017-02-13 00:16:04

Go far enough down the glitch item list and it'll overwrite screen data. You're welcome.
EDIT: Actually, just watch. It's writing ROM to RAM.
https://youtu.be/0GHIC764cDw
I'll add CC commentary later.

Yeah, I got so far that the background turned magenta, before I got bored.

Date: 2017-02-13 07:06:29
If you have a hex editor (as shown in my vid) the text it puts on screen is actually the ROM from end to beginning. It also ends up breaking the GUI about… halfway(?) through my video, which means it IS overwriting RAM with it…

Date: 2017-02-15 12:59:43
First post from my new phone! Yaaaaaaaay!

Date: 2017-02-15 20:04:19
Oh. Nice. I just figured out why my ear hurts so much… there's a shard of exploded earbud embedded in me. Luckily, it's not large or near any major blood vessels, so tweezers and Kleenex is all that'll be required, but I guarantee it'll suck coming out.

*INTERNAL SCREAMING INTENSIFIES*

Date: 2017-02-16 00:26:30
And that's why I rarely use earbud type headphones, and earphones in general.

AUTOCORRECT! STOP CORRECTING ME!!
*more internal screaming*
Oh look, I found cancerous ripoffs of Mehrio on the Play Store. I sadly couldn't find Lep's World 2 🍀🍀.
💩💩💩💩🗑🗑ENDLESS THRASH!🗑🗑💩💩💩💩