Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 206

Re: The Member's Guide to Topiclessness

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2014-02-25 08:00:24

Oh you thought diddy kong was bad in brawl. hahaha, you should play project m with me sometime. diddy's bananas are an instant trip, even after impact, better recovery, and the side b grab is even more annoying.

Well, shit. I was going to try Project M out at some point, but now I know I shouldn't bother if their aim isn't to make the game actually fun and instead make annoying characters more annoying.

This means THERE BETTER BE FUCKING MEWTWO IN SSB4 OR I'LL FUCKING CHOP SAKURAI'S HEAD OFF

it does. The reason why diddy can do that is because there's no more random tripping. Also i thought i heard mewtwo has been confirmed :S

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2014-02-25 16:12:02
I'unno about Mewtwo, but Lucario's back. AIN'T THAT GREAT GUIZE BECAUSE I'M SURE PEOPLE WANT TO SEE HIM AGAIN INSTEAD OF OH I DON'T KNOW HOW ABOUT ANY OTHER POKéMON.

CHRIST I'D RATHER PLAY AS ZUBAT INSTEAD.

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-sDKVzvz10

If someone wants to be nice and email that song to me as an MP3 or something I'd love you forever.

Thanks, Tachi!

Date: 2014-02-25 17:40:17

I'unno about Mewtwo, but Lucario's back. AIN'T THAT GREAT GUIZE BECAUSE I'M SURE PEOPLE WANT TO SEE HIM AGAIN INSTEAD OF OH I DON'T KNOW HOW ABOUT ANY OTHER POKéMON.

CHRIST I'D RATHER PLAY AS ZUBAT INSTEAD.

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-sDKVzvz10

If someone wants to be nice and email that song to me as an MP3 or something I'd love you forever.

Thanks, Tachi!

i'd rather play as zubatman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUrqoI-vA8U

And why wouldn't mewtwo be in it, with the introduction to megas and all…just makes sense…

Date: 2014-02-25 17:47:30
Mewtwo wouldn't be in it because that's the dumb thing to do, but, y'know, Sakurai lives in some kind of odd opposite day world.

It's also the only explaination why Ganondorf didn't use his sword in Brawl. Sakurai even pointed it out to mock us.

I am looking forward to playing as Little Mac, though. There's no way they cans crew that up. Right?

…R-right?

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2014-02-26 04:31:56

cans crew

CANS CREW MUTHAFUCKING IN THE HOUSE BITCHES
ALUMINIUM SIDE REPRESENT

Anyways, except for the very likely scenario that Punch Out isn't anything like what I think it's like, there's not much to Little Mac that they can screw up. You punch people. Dodge other people's punches. There's no standard of awesome that a hypothetical character would be held to here. The worst that can happen is that the coach guy doesn't shut up and gets on everyone's nerves. And then he steals your bike.

Date: 2014-02-26 20:32:37

CANS CREW MUTHAFUCKING IN THE HOUSE BITCHES
ALUMINIUM SIDE REPRESENT

>Not being part of the glorious tin can movement.
AbsolutelyDisgusting.jpg

Date: 2014-02-26 21:15:15
sakurai isn't the only person working in super smash bros you know…

And little mac!?
Y NO MIKE TYSON!?

(by the way, i'd like to point out that I own the NES Mike tyson's Punch Out, and FUCK the bull rush guy.)

Date: 2014-02-27 01:03:27

sakurai isn't the only person working in super smash bros you know…

The title "Game Director" is just another name for "All this shit is this guy's fault regardless of who actually did something". Responsibility works that way when you're at the top.

And little mac!?
Y NO MIKE TYSON!?

What is this licensing you speak of?

Posted by: Missingnoguy55
Date: 2014-03-02 23:41:12
http://youtu.be/mQefNgxRaz0?t=3m31s

THE GLITCH CITY LABORATORIES FILES #1: ZOWAYIX FAILS TO FIND MISSINGNO IN THE WILD BECAUSE >not on coast

(also not Zowayix lmao)

Date: 2014-03-04 20:58:45

http://youtu.be/mQefNgxRaz0?t=3m31s

THE GLITCH CITY LABORATORIES FILES #1: ZOWAYIX FAILS TO FIND MISSINGNO IN THE WILD BECAUSE >not on coast

(also not Zowayix lmao)

I looked at the title and vomited.

Date: 2014-03-28 17:36:33
Do you in the trap of DealExtreme Banner Embarrassment?
[img]http://ewp.dx.com/admin/20140327030321_39qv.jpg[/img]

Date: 2014-03-28 19:30:03
>Just Do it with Tools

Holy shit, it's the answer to all of life's problems! If we just do it with tools, all our problems will be solved and we can enter the age of Dkuahq, the God of banner advertisements. There, we will live in harmony.

Date: 2014-03-28 20:01:53

>Just Do it with Tools

Holy shit, it's the answer to all of life's problems! If we just do it with tools, all our problems will be solved and we can enter the age of Dkuahq, the God of banner advertisements. There, we will live in harmony.

But will it out the trap of Repair Embarrassment?

Date: 2014-03-28 20:22:19

>Just Do it with Tools

Holy s**t, it's the answer to all of life's problems! If we just do it with tools, all our problems will be solved and we can enter the age of Dkuahq, the God of banner advertisements. There, we will live in harmony.

But will it out the trap of Repair Embarrassment?

Indeed it will.

By just doing it with tools, the trap of Repair Embarrassment will…screw it, I'm not clever or smart enough for this.

Date: 2014-03-29 06:54:01
I'm not clever or smart when it comes to making up mini-memes and/or inside jokes either, but whatever.

So anyways, people.

I moved into my new apartment last night (woo) and I am very indecisive though you probably knew the latter already. So given that once TransACT quits stalling and gives me my damn intertubes so I don't have to use this crappy tethered phone connection I will have VSDL2 (woo), I need to buy a better router and all that. Well, not so much that as an access point. The ISP gives me a modem which may or may not be any good, I'm looking at a Draytek thing for that purpose if it isn't that great and if it is I would use it for wired routing purposes. I will make a point of keeping routers, bridges, and access points as being all separate devices from now on because it's just a whole load easier to replace things that way.

Tossed up between
http://www.mwave.com.au/product/netgear-r7000-nighthawk-ac1900-smart-wifi-router-w-1ghz-dual-core-processor-ab52776
and
http://www.mwave.com.au/product/asus-rtac68u-ac1900-concurrent-dual-band-wireless-gbe-router-nbn-ready-ab52055. Ignore the sale on the former if you see it, because by the time I will actually need the router (my boxes of things arrive on Monday, internets arrive I dunno when but I can assume it's a weekday just to annoy me and my work), it would have ended. Though it probably would also have ended by the time any of you American people read this.

The cons of the first are that I've heard things about Netgear's customer suppot, but I've never dealt with them at all myself before so maybe I might get lucky and I also might not need them anyway. The cons of the second is that I have had an Asus router before and it died on me unexpectedly and I seem to have bad memories of their support (same deal with every other Asus product I shouldn't have purchased), but then maybe I was just unlucky since everyone else seems to think it's the greatest thing since wireless bread.
So anyways, I'll let you people decide for me since my decision-making quota has been exceeded many times in the process of moving in here. Maybe I should just put them in a random number generator. But even then, I can't decide which random number generator to use. Mersenne twister? Boring linear congregational thingy? random.org? /dev/urandom? And how do I turn a random number into a list choice? Do I get the random integer mod 2 and assign one router to 0 and another number to 1 (and if I do that, which router is 0 and which is 1?)? Do I make a helper method (or use the inbuilt functionality in the case of random.org) to pick the random item via list[rand % index.length]? Do I shuffle the list and pick the one that ends up at the top? AAAAAA