Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 202

Re: The Member's Guide to Topiclessness

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-07-18 12:30:41

I suppose if people were flocking to centralized sites like Tumblr, Facebook, etc, then that would explain why forums including GCLF are less active.

GCLF isn't really in the same category as Tumblr or Facebook, so… nah.

Facebook is a social networking site
Tumblr is a micro-blogging social networking site
Forums are online discussion sites…

i mean, if you think about it, they could be used the same way… And I do agree with Doc, tumblr and facebook have decreased the 'desire' or 'need' for forums these days. Most people who join nowadays just want to ask a quick question then leave.

Posted by: Kyoukipichi
Date: 2013-07-21 05:16:11

I suppose if people were flocking to centralized sites like Tumblr, Facebook, etc, then that would explain why forums including GCLF are less active.

GCLF isn't really in the same category as Tumblr or Facebook, so… nah.

i mean, if you think about it, they could be used the same way… And I do agree with Doc, tumblr and facebook have decreased the 'desire' or 'need' for forums these days. Most people who join nowadays just want to ask a quick question then leave.

Plus Facebook and Tumblr tend to eat one's free time.

Date: 2013-07-22 17:37:35

Plus Facebook and Tumblr tend to eat one's free time.

The reason is because people like/friend/tumblr heart thingy so many people and groups that their feed is filled up. (usually with stuff you can find on reddit, memebase or <insert preferred website>) I left my facebook because It's not really as social as I thought it would be, and I just didn't see the point at looking at memes on a site i had to register to.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2013-08-02 15:42:44
So I'm contemplating posting some songs I've written on the forum.

Should I?

Date: 2013-08-02 19:23:45

So I'm contemplating posting some songs I've written on the forum.

Should I?

Heck yeah. But first, lyrics or songs? there's a difference you know.

Date: 2013-08-03 15:00:22
They're lyrics, but I have ideas on how they'd be sung.

Date: 2013-08-05 18:43:59

They're lyrics, but I have ideas on how they'd be sung.

Didn't you say you had a keyboard? You could map the notes for the lyrics, and if I'm not too busy I'll see if I can throw in some guitar. I'll probably be in school by then meaning finding a bassist, singer, and drummer would be easier than finding somebody who can program in Microsoft Basic. (other than me)

Date: 2013-08-27 15:29:21
So anyone got a YouTube channel? Mine's CrusaderHydra.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2013-08-28 03:20:04
http://www.youtube.com/user/LordDesu

I don't have much on there at the moment other than a couple ancient YTP fads and some video game glitches. But I do plan to have some interesting stuff on there. One day. Maybe.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2013-08-28 05:10:26

So anyone got a YouTube channel? Mine's CrusaderHydra.

Mine's ChickasaurusGL. I often upload videos about glitches there. I have an another account called Torchickens where I upload other things, but I don't use that too often.

Date: 2013-08-30 15:00:39
TheNotSoGoodGuitar. I have absolutely no videos, and i don't plan to unless I have the time to make quality videos doing whatever i decide to do.

Posted by: camper
Date: 2013-08-31 22:15:32
Glitcher Red
Uploading glitch videos (and other game walkthroughs/boasts) infrequently and irregularly. Currently at 19 subscribers.

Date: 2013-09-13 17:54:32
EDIT: making a topic for it

and who's played any of the original megaman games?
Anybody heard of mighty no. 9?

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2013-09-25 08:22:15
I played the first game like once, I seem to recall I made it through one of the stages and then died at the boss or something. For whatever reason I'm just not good at Megamans.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2013-09-25 11:32:21

EDIT: making a topic for it

and who's played any of the original megaman games?
Anybody heard of mighty no. 9?

I've only played one Mega Man, and that was Mega Man Dr. Wily's Revenge, which I bought on the Nintendo eShop. It was pretty hard, at least for me and I exploited Restore Points in order to beat it.

I've heard of Mighty No. 9, yes. I might buy it for Wii U when it comes out as it looks good.