Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 201

Re: The Member's Guide to Topiclessness

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2013-05-17 22:35:44
I don't even want to remember the first posts I made when I joined my first forum.

Oh God oh God oh God repress repress repress.

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2013-05-18 19:35:38
xD I believe we've had this discussion before and I posted my first posts on here. (Infact this was my very first forum… :V Too bad you can't see comments from the old glitchdex pages, I said some dumb stuff before on Female Symbol's old glitchdex entry back when you could comment on them… xD) So I think most of us can say they have horrible old posts. :P

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-05-20 16:59:37
is it just me, or do a lot of our recent general discussion topics end up talking about IRC channels?

Date: 2013-05-20 21:20:38
A couple of them did, yeah. Is there an IRC channel for GCLF?

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2013-05-20 21:27:32

A couple of them did, yeah. Is there an IRC channel for GCLF?

An official one? No.

Some unofficial hangout frequented by a few old members of here? Yes.  irc.rizon.net #desuempire

Will make a topic later when I get home, which will probably be 6PM EST tomorrow.

Date: 2013-05-31 10:29:20
Guys, I haven't written serious things in so long that I'm having trouble with grammar. If you see some pretty bad mistakes, please let me know. (Just please don't spam me with every little mistake)

Date: 2013-05-31 22:09:08
So I'm writing a robot story, wee.

Date: 2013-05-31 22:53:17

So I'm writing a robot story, wee.

Is it about a lonely robot who escapes from his owners in a futuristic setting, to find true love with "The Algorithm", a piece of data that all robots have wanted and would seek it if they weren't being tied down by the dirty, greedy, purple hispanic asians, and ends up discovering what it means to be considered 'alive' from the robot gods and robot godecksesses?

Date: 2013-06-01 16:12:01
No, it's about a group of people trying to survive when their world is taken over by robots.

One of the villain's minions becomes the main character after being reporogrammed and wackiness ensues.

Date: 2013-06-01 21:58:44
:( I was so close….yet so far.

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2013-06-03 10:28:44
So i've added new member ranks on my Sonic forum last night before going to bed. :V Also I just woke up about an hour ago, and have yet to fully wake up if that makes any sense. xD

Date: 2013-06-10 00:14:13
Okay, I'm really trying hard to not be an old person…but back in the day forums were so active (at least this one). You would get replies within seconds, and if your topic was crap, it was gone in seconds. It's not like that with you young 'ns, because you rely on that Myspace too much. You got your fancy "iphones" and your "tablets" that can connect to them fancy sites like Facebook and Twitter whenever you please. We had to wait to till we got home to even try to use our computer, hoping that the internet wouldn't crap out. Back then we didn't even have this much people online like we do today. So what's holdin' ya?

I remember when my psp was all I had back then, slowly typing like a snail, hoping I didn't lose connection. I was hustling to reply in time, so that my next post would make sense when I replied. (didn't know about quotes at the time) You young 'ns need to gets off that myspace, it's ruining the forum communities.

(okay enough bs nostalgia posts for another 4 years)

Does anybody know of a good flash fan series these days? ( Like SMBZ, Sonic Nazo, Brawl Taunts, Smash Kingdom, and Bowser's kingdom)?

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2013-06-10 02:45:15

Okay, I'm really trying hard to not be an old person…but back in the day forums were so active (at least this one). You would get replies within seconds, and if your topic was crap, it was gone in seconds. It's not like that with you young 'ns, because you rely on that Myspace too much. You got your fancy "iphones" and your "tablets" that can connect to them fancy sites like Facebook and Twitter whenever you please. We had to wait to till we got home to even try to use our computer, hoping that the internet wouldn't crap out. Back then we didn't even have this much people online like we do today. So what's holdin' ya?

Right now the site has generally less people on it, perhaps due to the still being in beta thing. Other than that, you can't force activity on forums, you just have to make good (okay, reasonable) posts and hope people will reply to them.

I remember when my psp was all I had back then, slowly typing like a snail, hoping I didn't lose connection. I was hustling to reply in time, so that my next post would make sense when I replied. (didn't know about quotes at the time) You young 'ns need to gets off that myspace, it's ruining the forum communities.

>2013
>MySpace
>implying implications

Posted by: Kyoukipichi
Date: 2013-07-16 16:43:52
I suppose if people were flocking to centralized sites like Tumblr, Facebook, etc, then that would explain why forums including GCLF are less active.

I wonder if anyone would actually be interested if I started a roleplay thread on GCLF. I find that roleplays work better on forums, but the only forums I even go to nowadays is this one.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2013-07-17 03:26:41

I suppose if people were flocking to centralized sites like Tumblr, Facebook, etc, then that would explain why forums including GCLF are less active.

GCLF isn't really in the same category as Tumblr or Facebook, so… nah.