Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 152

Re: The Member's Guide to Topiclessness

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-10-20 09:51:53

It's called a toilet, you damn yanks.

It's called a bathroom, Aussie.

No, it's called a door.

It's called your mom! Oh! Burn!

I'm sorry but you gave me an opening for a mom joke. I just had to do it as it has been a very long time since I've done one of those. XD

No offense intended.

That's okay. I just had to do your mum though, as it's been a very long time since I've done one of your mums.

Ouch! How many moms do you think I have? lol.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-10-20 10:03:26
Yay for a fever of 101.8 F.

Last night, it was like 103. something F at 7:35 so I quickly hopped in the shower to try to cool my self down and then went to bed with wet, cold rags.  It must have got much worse some time around 9 or 10 o clock because around that time I thought I was some Greek City-State ruler who was building up his city-state by climbing things so I was trying to climb things in my bed. >_>

Edit: Well, I seem to be at 98 F now. :D

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-10-20 14:04:32

It must have got much worse some time around 9 or 10 o clock because around that time I thought I was some Greek City-State ruler who was building up his city-state by climbing things so I was trying to climb things in my bed. >_>

A couple of months ago I was sick with a fever and could not fall asleep. I thought (while in bed) that I was with all of the kids in my German class, and we were playing soccer. As a result, I kept shifting back and forth between the ends of my bed. It was odd.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-10-20 17:23:07
Not sick with the flu anymore.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-10-20 18:00:53
I recently got over a virus that lasted multiple weeks. It was just a normal virus luckily, lasting a while just 'cause I'm 14 and all.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-10-20 20:01:58

Last night, it was like 103. something F at 7:35 so I quickly hopped in the shower to try to cool my self down and then went to bed with wet, cold rags.  It must have got much worse some time around 9 or 10 o clock because around that time I thought I was some Greek City-State ruler who was building up his city-state by climbing things so I was trying to climb things in my bed. >_>

I'm glad that you're feeling better. Being delirious is really strange. One time I woke up at around four in the morning, then became utterly convinced that a Vulcan and a cowboy were having a heated debate about 325 cans of soda. I could nearly hear them!

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-10-20 20:37:38

I'm glad that you're feeling better. Being delirious is really strange. One time I woke up at around four in the morning, then became utterly convinced that a Vulcan and a cowboy were having a heated debate about 325 cans of soda. I could nearly hear them!

Dang, the best I've got is when I started referring to myself (in my head) as someone else in the third person (using he, his, him, etc.).  It took me about 10 minutes of wondering who I was thinking about before I realized it was me.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-10-20 20:39:05
Once, I had a fever of 106 and thought that GLaDOS and SHODAN were fighting over my computer.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-10-20 21:14:30
Fevers give you free hallucinations? Cool.
Note to self: Get fever

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-10-20 21:36:17

What would you hallucinate about? (Rhetorical.)

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-10-20 21:59:43

Probably hentai, no doubt.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-10-20 22:12:05

answering Brocco Guy's question

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-10-20 22:47:35

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-10-21 02:37:43

Now to show you a picture of me in the shower.
win

*facepalms at everyone facepalming*

On another note, I will probably start learning japanese this year.

I don't learn a second language until high school.

Japanese? Good choice. Spanish is the only decent choice for me, but I picked Latin, quod est optimus.

Equa est magna et bonum.

You have a mega boner? *Shot repeatedly then thrown into volcano*

Its Latin for "the horse is big and good." wrong isn't it? That's the only Latin phrase I remember, most likely because the phrase was in a Latin textbook.

Should be "Equa est magna et bona" IIRC.

No, it's "Equus est magnus et bonus" because "equus" is masculine, not feminine.

…I've been called a "Latin extinguisher" for a reason.
I was thinking the exact same thing, but what if the horse is feminine? Would a female slave be a "servus"?

Even if it's a female horse, the word is masculine. It all has to do with declensions, which are groups of nouns that dictate endings. Oh yes, and there's an entirely different word for a female slave: ancilla. Similarly, "miles" is a soldier, but "bellatrix" is a female warrior. We were just discussing this in Latin class.
That's news to me.

QUOTE PRYMAID!

estne Aegyptius? quod res Aegyptias amo.
Translation for non-Latin speaking folks: Is it Egyptian? Because I love Egyptian things.

Its been over two years since I had a Latin class so most of the stuff is hazy. (Plus the fact that I failed it doesn't help the situation either.)

YOU BROKE THE QUOTE PRAYMID!

Fixed. :P
And adding some fixing

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-10-21 17:09:40

This is why I love this forum.