Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 182

Re: The Member's Guide to Topiclessness

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2010-02-01 14:43:21
[me=Ketsuban]hits everyone in the room with a giant stuffed mantis[/me]

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2010-02-01 17:12:04
All members are required to read these rules and agree to abide by them. By posting on this forum, you certify that your post does not violate these rules. You note that the rules may be changed with or without prior notice; the date of last modification will be included here as a courtesy to members. Failure to read these rules does not exempt you from following them. Failure to follow the rules may result in infractions, warnings, revocation of posting or private messaging privileges, or account suspension.

If you do not agree to follow these rules, you are not welcome to participate in the community.

The rules were last updated June 4, 2009.

No.

We only have a few rules here:

[li]Don't be stupid.[/li]
    [li]Keep it work safe.[/li]
    [li]Don't exploit loopholes. You should know what this means.[/li]
    [li]We expect proper English from all members, with the exception of people who show an obvious difficulty in typing the English language. Do not use shortcuts or pointless abbreviations. "Pok?mon" is always "Pok?mon" ("Pokemon" is acceptable too) - never "pokes", "pkmn", or "pkm", for example. "to" is always "to", "too" is "too", never "2". "You" is "you", never "u". "People" is "people", never "ppl". Capitalize words that are supposed to be capitalized (anything in the beginning of a sentence and the pronoun "I"). "It takes too long to type" is NOT a valid excuse. If you don't want to spend time writing proper posts, do not post at all. Lazy people are always the first to go when the banhammer drops. In addition, please refrain from "net speak"/"AOL speak"/"txt speak". Also, posts consisting entirely of emoticons are not allowed.

[li]Moderators are authorized to remind members to use proper English and may edit posts in order to prod users who do not.[/li]
      [li]For those new to English or those who are working to improve their grammar, an informative grammer guide is located here[/li]
    [/li]
    [li]Do not make multiple posts in a row in one thread. If there is something you need added to a post please use the "Modify" button instead.

[li]Creative Movements and its sub-boards are exempt from this.[/li]
      [li]Role Plays is also exempt from this, but please do not do this in excess.[/li]
    [/li]
    [li]Do not post in topics that are over 4 months old, unless there is significant reason to do so.

[li]Stickies, by their nature, cannot be "bumped" and thus are exempt from this rule.[/li]
      [li]In general "significant reason" means actual new content relevant to the topic, or recent news concerning said topic. This will be decided on a case-by-case basis by moderators and administrators.[/li]
    [/li]
    [li]Do not act rude towards users who make mistakes, particularly new users. See this for an explanation.[/li]

That's really it. Use common sense, and you won't get banned. There are some other things you should know:

- We are not recruiting staff for the forums, website, or IRC channel. Do not ask for a staff position.  But if you must, go to profile > group management and request a group there.
- Swearing is allowed. Don't like it? Go somewhere else then.

We hope you enjoy your stay at Glitch City Laboratories Forums.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 10:57:55 pm by Zach the Glitch Buster »
July 15, 2009

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2010-02-01 19:43:19
Zach may not have made a major update to the rules. I can't tell what he edited, but an edit isn't necessarily an update. He may have simply corrected spelling or adjusted wordage.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2010-02-01 20:43:00

Zach may not have made a major update to the rules. I can't tell what he edited, but an edit isn't necessarily an update. He may have simply corrected spelling or adjusted wordage.
Ah, I see.
Oh, and you(or some other admin) needs to change Pok?mon to Pokémon.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2010-02-01 20:50:44

Ah, I see.
Oh, and you(or some other admin) needs to change Pok?mon to Pokémon.
I'll fix it.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2010-02-01 21:56:54
can we get the Youtube embedder thing back up and running anytime soon?

Also, I wonder what happened to Tachi. I haven't saw him in months. His affect on the boards kind of sticks to with you. Since he hasn't been on in a while it feels kind of odd IMO. Not saying I wish for him to come back or anything just saying it feels different.

One more thing. I laughed at this topic:
http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php/topic,5708.msg115069/boardseen.html#new

Its so much fun when people troll spammers.

Date: 2010-02-02 19:49:47
Just got banned for, like, a few hours on PokeGym because the Staff accidentally banned me instead of a dude I reported. But it's all done with now that I asked why I was banned and got unbanned. Hope I never do that by accident!

Posted by: Phrawger
Date: 2010-02-03 08:57:54

can we get the Youtube embedder thing back up and running anytime soon?

Also, I wonder what happened to Tachi. I haven't saw him in months. His affect on the boards kind of sticks to with you. Since he hasn't been on in a while it feels kind of odd IMO. Not saying I wish for him to come back or anything just saying it feels different.

One more thing. I laughed at this topic:
http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php/topic,5708.msg115069/boardseen.html#new

Its so much fun when people troll spammers.

…that's not trolling. That's posting image macros.
And you can't really troll something that doesn't perceive the different between fact and fiction.

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2010-02-03 18:12:13

Remember that thread he had where he said his girlfriend ditched him? He said that if he stopped coming on, that it was because he was having personal issues (he also said 'if i stop coming on, i committed suicide and u should alert the authorities', but meh). Hopefully he didn't actually commit suicide, but yeah.

And I'm pretty sure he deleted that thread out of existence (yes boys and girls, it's possible), which explains why I can't find it.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2010-02-03 18:32:27

Remember that thread he had where he said his girlfriend ditched him?

No?

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2010-02-03 19:13:53

No?

Vaguely. I honestly don't give a damn about what happened to him.

In other news: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1m8a4Jl4ZI&feature=topvideos

It's fairly obvious who and what at around 1:30. How sad.

Date: 2010-02-03 19:41:48

No?

It's fairly obvious who and what at around 1:30. How AWESOME

fix'd

Date: 2010-02-03 19:52:30

No?

fix'd
I don't get it. Should I have sound on?

Date: 2010-02-03 20:06:18

No?

fix'd
I don't get it. Should I have sound on?

Look at the background carefully.

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2010-02-04 09:33:26
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XenebopczA

I think this video has the biggest combo of non-idiotic youtube comments ever.