Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 203

Re: The Member's Guide to Topiclessness

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2013-09-28 22:37:18
Just dropping in. :)

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2013-10-04 09:00:17
So, tomorrow I'll be off to Sydney to go to some gaming-type convention on Sunday.
Should be fun. Just mentioning it so for the next 3 days you guys don't see a lack of me compulsively checking this forum every 5 minutes and declare me legally dead or whatever (though I might drop in via phone interwebs at some point).

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2013-10-07 17:39:55

So, tomorrow I'll be off to Sydney to go to some gaming-type convention on Sunday.
Should be fun. Just mentioning it so for the next 3 days you guys don't see a lack of me compulsively checking this forum every 5 minutes and declare me legally dead or whatever (though I might drop in via phone interwebs at some point).
Badass. Have a fun time! :D

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-10-09 10:01:51
THIS IS AN INTERNET ROBBERY! GIVE ME ALL YOUR WALLETS!

And your paypal accounts!

Do it or doom awaits you!

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2013-10-09 14:22:39
HERE MAKE AS MANY WALLETS AS YOU WANT!

http://blockchain.info/wallet/

Date: 2013-10-09 17:33:56
Inafune left megaman, ever since then I've always wondered what the creator of these game series think about the direction of their creation.

Is pokemon going in the direction Satoshi Tajiri wants? Or is it like how Universal took away the rights of Oswald away from Disney…slowly pinching every penny out of it until the once wonderful idea loses its charm…destroying what made the idea  good in the first place…

Maybe what lies behind these colorful games is a great innovator at his knees, watching as his creation slowly rots in the hands of a corporation… who above all else…desires power.

What are your thoughts? :D

Date: 2013-10-10 06:23:53

Inafune left megaman, ever since then I've always wondered what the creator of these game series think about the direction of their creation.

Is pokemon going in the direction Satoshi Tajiri wants? Or is it like how Universal took away the rights of Oswald away from Disney…slowly pinching every penny out of it until the once wonderful idea loses its charm…destroying what made the idea  good in the first place…

Maybe what lies behind these colorful games is a great innovator at his knees, watching as his creation slowly rots in the hands of a corporation… who above all else…desires power.

What are your thoughts? :D

From what little information I can dig up about him he doesn't have that much input into the games nowadays, but he's probably cool with stuff because he's a tester for B2W2 and such so if he felt the games sucked now he would probably tell them (as a tester should do).

Date: 2013-10-15 23:31:23
What are your thoughts of creepy pastas related to old pokemon glitches?

My thoughts in a summarized representation:

"oh noez hyper realistic blood splattered on my gameboy screen after I encountered missingno. and…um… a spooky face appeared and flashed and it scared me, now i can't sleep! Warn everybody for me as I might be dead when posting this!

Author's Edit 8/10/11: I am now dead

p.s. really"

Date: 2013-10-16 02:34:48
I do wonder why a lot of creepypasta seems to be centered around video game glitches. I suppose it's because glitches can be pretty scary, when I was younger I actually used to get nightmarish-type hallucinations (but I was fully awake) from the Sad Mac error screen on Apple computers back in the days, and I always got a sensation of fear from visiting Glitch City and more or less nothing else.

I think if I ever was to develop a Pokemon fangame, it would probably be centered around glitches and have some psychological horror elements. Or maybe someone else will make that. It'd be pretty cool.

Posted by: Missingnoguy55
Date: 2013-10-16 04:16:38

I do wonder why a lot of creepypasta seems to be centered around video game glitches. I suppose it's because glitches can be pretty scary, when I was younger I actually used to get nightmarish-type hallucinations (but I was fully awake) from the Sad Mac error screen on Apple computers back in the days, and I always got a sensation of fear from visiting Glitch City and more or less nothing else.

I think if I ever was to develop a Pokemon fangame, it would probably be centered around glitches and have some psychological horror elements. Or maybe someone else will make that. It'd be pretty cool.
The only Pokémon creepypasta that ever scared me was probably Lost Silver. No jump scares or any stupid stuff, just really eerie.

Most of what the author explains actually sounds like some kind of weird glitch and a "sadistic hack". Someone actually made a fan-game based around it if I recall correctly.

Posted by: camper
Date: 2013-10-16 13:46:28
Here ya go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7x01qxwOqU

But I think Creepy Black (with that additional ending) is much creepier. The ending still haunts me.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2013-10-16 14:12:13

"oh noez hyper realistic blood splattered on my gameboy screen after I encountered missingno. and…um… a spooky face appeared and flashed and it scared me, now i can't sleep! Warn everybody for me as I might be dead when posting this!

p.s. really"

ADN TEHN MISINGO GRABD ME ADN PULLD ME INTO TEH GAEM ADN NOW MSISISISISNGO ECSPAED ITNO TEH REEYUL WARULD!!1

Date: 2013-10-16 14:27:07

p.s. really"

ADN TEHN MISINGO GRABD ME ADN PULLD ME INTO TEH GAEM ADN NOW MSISISISISNGO ECSPAED ITNO TEH REEYUL WARULD!!1

AFTR I DYED I CAM BAK AS A MSISISISISNGO TOO, NWO I CNA EATZ YUO UPPP!!!!

What are your guys thoughts about censors throughout japanese media coming into the states? this sake bottle has to be one of my favorites. The episode consisted of people drinking hot sauce FROM the bottle and thus getting "dizzy". The best part was laughing at the red sharpie marks all over the bottles. (dear god, you'd think I'd learn my lesson about watching bad animes after watching all 3 seasons of beyblade for a review…)
[img]http://yugico.com/customcard/9433.jpg[/img]

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2013-10-16 14:51:44
The only animu I watch is Medabots. It hasn't been aired in like ten years, but I have season one on DVD. Still trying to find season two.

An early episode (I think it was the second episode) had Metabee finding a watermelon and glomping it. Metabee is basically the token black character of the show, but the creators got away with it by saying that he's based on a type of beatle which enjoys melon (such a thing does exist).

To make it funnier, Metabee's voice actor, Joseph Motiki, is black.

Date: 2013-10-16 15:18:24

The only animu I watch is Medabots. It hasn't been aired in like ten years, but I have season one on DVD. Still trying to find season two.

An early episode (I think it was the second episode) had Metabee finding a watermelon and glomping it. Metabee is basically the token black character of the show, but the creators got away with it by saying that he's based on a type of beatle which enjoys melon (such a thing does exist).

To make it funnier, Metabee's voice actor, Joseph Motiki, is black.

Metabee - voiced by Token Black Trey Parker or Matt Smith.
I haven't heard about medabots forEVER now. You know you could probably search the internet for season 2 in a possibly legal or not legal manner.