Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 165

Re: The Member's Guide to Topiclessness

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-10-31 20:19:02

In the vast majority of cases, the plus is granted by majority decision of a bunch of people who also have the plus (as well as distinguished and staff members). The admins generally don't plus people unilaterally (although we have the ability to do so). Anyone with at least plus can nominate someone else for plus. Only in very rare circumstances has a staffer blocked a nomination for plus. Having WOM doesn't eliminate you from being considered (in other words, I won't block someone with WOM from being nominated) but it might diminish the chances of passing nomination. A simple majority (at least 50%) is a requirement for passing.

The plus only gives you access to the exclusive board and a shorter wait time on name changes. Plus also gives you the chance to do "Quality Control" for the wiki (Glisp does this now), which is a limited version of "sysop". Additionally, when we need new mods or admins, we usually consider pluses first. Plus does NOT grant anyone favoritism, an exception to the rules, or immunity from WOM.

While plus might seem like an exclusive club (and in fact, we do have an "exclusive board"), it's not difficult to get in (as can be seen by how many currently active members hold this rank now). There has been suggestions regarding separate "ranks" of Member+ that would denote increasing levels of competency/seniority. There was also talk of a "Member+ Quiz" that one could take in lieu of being voted in but this hasn't really taken off.

I would be happy to write the quiz questions.  I also suggest that as per the membership application to http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com (another site I'm on), you change the questions at regular intervals.

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-10-31 20:44:34

There has been suggestions regarding separate "ranks" of Member+ that would denote increasing levels of competency/seniority. There was also talk of a "Member+ Quiz" that one could take in lieu of being voted in but this hasn't really taken off.

1. I like this idea. Or maybe I don't. I'm not sure.
2. I don't think a quiz would be in order. Get all the questions right and you can be a Member+! Maybe something like GPX+ where you have to pass a test to become a member….

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-11-01 08:20:25
AH, the old quiz idea from 2007.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-11-01 11:25:37

AH, the old quiz idea from 2007.

I remember studying for the quiz when I didn't have my mod position.
How did I study? I looked at random crap about computers.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-11-02 02:01:56
Back up faster vista

Date: 2009-11-02 17:39:00

Back up faster vista

Get Windows 7.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-11-02 19:12:07

There has been suggestions regarding separate "ranks" of Member+ that would denote increasing levels of competency/seniority. There was also talk of a "Member+ Quiz" that one could take in lieu of being voted in but this hasn't really taken off.

2. I don't think a quiz would be in order. Get all the questions right and you can be a Member+! Maybe something like GPX+ where you have to pass a test to become a member….

The quiz was kind of a silly idea. What if, for instance, a regular member convinced a Member+ to give them the answers? Still, an idiot test to weed out the lowest level of trolls might be somewhat useful.

Date: 2009-11-02 20:08:48

The quiz was kind of a silly idea. What if, for instance, a regular member convinced a Member+ to give them the answers? Still, an idiot test to weed out the lowest level of trolls might be somewhat useful.

What if you fail?

Date: 2009-11-02 20:11:33

What if you fail?

Then you die! NO!

Posted by: Thomas
Date: 2009-11-02 20:23:47

What if you fail?

Then you die! NO!

If you fail, the RWP bans you and the staff gets to take your house away from you. Plus, if you have a girlfriend, Abwayax gets your girlfriend and can do whatever he wants to her.

Now how's THAT for an answer?

Date: 2009-11-02 20:35:10

What if you fail?

Then you die! NO!

If you fail, the RWP bans you and the staff gets to take your house away from you. Plus, if you have a girlfriend, Abwayax gets your girlfriend and can do whatever he wants to her.

Abwayax has a girlfriend. She is Naitekiakki, if I am not mistaken.

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-11-02 20:41:44

What if you fail?

Then you die! NO!

*sarcasm* Yeah, but he gets to see if the troll's girlfriend is hotter. *sarcasm* 

By the by, we have developed a quote pyramid. (inb4 mindless memebers praise it and/or call it a praymid  :P)

Date: 2009-11-02 20:54:49

What if you fail?

Then you die! NO!

*sarcasm* Yeah, but he gets to see if the troll's girlfriend is hotter. *sarcasm* 

By the by, we have developed a quote pyramid. (inb4 mindless memebers praise it and/or call it a praymid  :P)

OMG THE QUOTE PRAYMID PRYMAID PYRAMID HAS JOINED THE BRAWL RETURNED!
THIS IS BETTER THAN READING THE ENCLOSED INSTRUCTION BOOK! IN BLACK AND WHITE!

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-11-02 21:06:20

What if you fail?

Then you die! NO!

OMG THE QUOTE PRAYMID PRYMAID PYRAMID HAS JOINED THE BRAWL RETURNED!
THIS IS BETTER THAN READING THE ENCLOSED INSTRUCTION BOOK! IN BLACK AND WHITE!

XD

Yes, I fed it. Normally I hate these, but what the hell, I'll continue it.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-11-02 21:07:44
Breaking quote pyramids is too fun. It's a shame that I was the one who really gave it a push in the mindless quoting direction.