Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 153

Re: The Member's Guide to Topiclessness

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-10-21 17:23:10

Fevers give you free hallucinations? Cool.
Note to self: Get fever

What would you hallucinate about? (Rhetorical.)

Probably hentai, no doubt.

This is why I love this forum.

Praymid, Lawnmover, now this?

MEME CITY LABS

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-10-21 17:25:45

Fevers give you free hallucinations? Cool.
Note to self: Get fever

What would you hallucinate about? (Rhetorical.)

Probably hentai, no doubt.

This is why I love this forum.

Praymid, Lawnmover, now this?

MEME CITY LABS

No, this is around the third time somebody has said Definitely… probably.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-10-21 19:43:25
Ahh crap, back up to 99.5 F…

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-10-21 19:47:30

I had a 102.3 when I had my flu.

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-10-21 20:26:00

My sister has a fever at about the same.
Hope you feel better.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-10-21 23:25:39

O_O
wat
There is someone on gamefaqs with 2 different flues…

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-10-22 13:01:07
Thank God nobody has continiued the quote pyramid. (Wait, now that I said that, someone will revive it. Oh shit.)

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-10-22 13:24:12

Thank God nobody has continiued the quote pyramid. (Wait, now that I said that, someone will revive it. Oh shit.)

I don't believe in quote pyramids.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-10-22 14:41:14

Now to show you a picture of me in the shower.
win

*facepalms at everyone facepalming*

On another note, I will probably start learning japanese this year.

I don't learn a second language until high school.

Japanese? Good choice. Spanish is the only decent choice for me, but I picked Latin, quod est optimus.

Equa est magna et bonum.

You have a mega boner? *Shot repeatedly then thrown into volcano*

Its Latin for "the horse is big and good." wrong isn't it? That's the only Latin phrase I remember, most likely because the phrase was in a Latin textbook.

Should be "Equa est magna et bona" IIRC.

No, it's "Equus est magnus et bonus" because "equus" is masculine, not feminine.

…I've been called a "Latin extinguisher" for a reason.
I was thinking the exact same thing, but what if the horse is feminine? Would a female slave be a "servus"?

Even if it's a female horse, the word is masculine. It all has to do with declensions, which are groups of nouns that dictate endings. Oh yes, and there's an entirely different word for a female slave: ancilla. Similarly, "miles" is a soldier, but "bellatrix" is a female warrior. We were just discussing this in Latin class.
That's news to me.

QUOTE PRYMAID!

estne Aegyptius? quod res Aegyptias amo.
Translation for non-Latin speaking folks: Is it Egyptian? Because I love Egyptian things.

Its been over two years since I had a Latin class so most of the stuff is hazy. (Plus the fact that I failed it doesn't help the situation either.)

YOU BROKE THE QUOTE PRAYMID!

Fixed. :P
And adding some fixing

And a little more fixing with some duck tape.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-10-22 15:49:42

Quote pyramid, you say?

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-10-22 18:10:34

Thank God nobody has continiued the quote pyramid. (Wait, now that I said that, someone will revive it. Oh s**t.)

Quote pyramid, you say?
Yep

win

Japanese? Good choice. Spanish is the only decent choice for me, but I picked Latin, quod est optimus.

Equa est magna et bonum.

Its Latin for "the horse is big and good." wrong isn't it? That's the only Latin phrase I remember, most likely because the phrase was in a Latin textbook.

No, it's "Equus est magnus et bonus" because "equus" is masculine, not feminine.

I was thinking the exact same thing, but what if the horse is feminine? Would a female slave be a "servus"?

Even if it's a female horse, the word is masculine. It all has to do with declensions, which are groups of nouns that dictate endings. Oh yes, and there's an entirely different word for a female slave: ancilla. Similarly, "miles" is a soldier, but "bellatrix" is a female warrior. We were just discussing this in Latin class.
That's news to me.

QUOTE PRYMAID!

Translation for non-Latin speaking folks: Is it Egyptian? Because I love Egyptian things.

Its been over two years since I had a Latin class so most of the stuff is hazy. (Plus the fact that I failed it doesn't help the situation either.)

And adding some fixing

And some nails

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-10-22 18:48:04

Thank God nobody has continiued the quote pyramid. (Wait, now that I said that, someone will revive it. Oh s**t.)

Quote pyramid, you say?
Yep

win

Equa est magna et bonum.

That's news to me.

QUOTE PRYMAID!

And adding some fixing

And some nails

No nuts and bolts? *shot*

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-10-22 20:10:40

Quote pyramid, you say?
Yep

win

Equa est magna et bonum.

That's news to me.

QUOTE PRYMAID!

And adding some fixing

And some nails

No, but plenty of rivets and welding.

Posted by: ultraVex
Date: 2009-10-22 20:19:38

Quote pyramid, you say?
Yep

win

Equa est magna et bonum.

That's news to me.

QUOTE PRYMAID!

And adding some fixing

And some nails

No, but plenty of rivets and welding.

Don't we have a game for this?

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-10-22 20:51:40
Good thing I'm not an admin. If I were, chances are I'd pull a Tweaker and Trash the quote Pyramid and all its related posts because I found it "offensive" and "Threatening". (Note: I'm poking fun at Tweaker because this is really how he is.)

Also TWEAKER TANTRUM: FUCK YOU ITS CANCELLED *kicks everyone off the IRC in a fit of rage* (Silly Sonic Community meme based on Tweaker's behavior on an IRC Channel. He actually will kick you from the IRC for just about anything. He'll often say that line when he does it too!)

There's also TWEAKER'S FAULT, but that's another story.