Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 260

Re: The Glitchy Thread of Topiclessness (#3)

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-03-02 09:47:30

Yeah, it's just oof. Part of my upcoming life situation is why I'm not gonna get online when I get a Switch. I'm not gonna have a good connection.

It's a shame because I'll miss playing against people from across the world, but it's just not worth it. Too much trouble, especially when I'm paying for it.

Besides, even when there's theoretically not any connection issues, there's just something about playing online that seems… less fun. Sorta rage inducing.

I have no idea what it is.
othdr people being consistently better than you at everything?

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2019-03-03 00:38:49
I get what you mean. Switching from offline gameplay to online gameplay can be super jarring; that slight bit of lag (or more depending on your connection) can throw me off super hard.

Date: 2019-03-03 20:26:34

I get what you mean. Switching from offline gameplay to online gameplay can be super jarring; that slight bit of lag (or more depending on your connection) can throw me off super hard.
if the lag is handled like Smash 3DS handles it, it's a free frame-perfect input!

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2019-03-04 08:05:28
I played online with a friend, he's got a very solid connection, but the lag just makes it unplayable for me. I keep getting outsped, even though I'm not bad in solo play.

Date: 2019-03-04 14:35:21
Sony: "We need to make specs for our new Playstation 2. It'll have a hard drive as an optional feature, so what specs do we wanna force?"

Sony worker: "Let's force people to use our own hard drive layout and allow fragmenting of entire partitions."

Sony: "ok lol"

fuck that guy

Date: 2019-03-07 08:26:48
https://github.com/zzazzdzz/fools2019

Bookmark, star, watch now. It begins soon!

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2019-03-07 08:54:56
Someone even forked it already :D

Posted by: TheZZAZZGlitch
Date: 2019-03-07 10:08:03
Oh, the classic "communicating through GitHub PRs". Remember the launch of fools2018?
Issue #1: commits not showing

Posted by: Couldntthinkofaname
Date: 2019-03-07 11:08:40

Oh, the classic "communicating through GitHub PRs". Remember the launch of fools2018?

Take a gander at old closed Github PRs on torvalds/linux

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-03-07 11:23:02
Looking forward to it, ZZAZZ!

Also, Epsilon, what happened to your avatar?

Posted by: Couldntthinkofaname
Date: 2019-03-07 11:36:47

Also, Epsilon, what happened to your avatar?

I wanted to make my avatar as a picture of my dog, as it is on the discord. The image was to large, so I simply yeeted everything except for my sig.

It has a simple look. I like it.

Date: 2019-03-07 11:45:44

we used 404 logs, too, if you remember.

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2019-03-07 18:37:30
Ooh I'm looking forward to what you have planned, ZZAZZ! Looking at github is making me want to continue working on my Sonic 1 Game Gear disassembly. :V Does anyone else have the same issue as me? I start projects, get bored with said projects, start new ones, then I end up going back to projects I haven't touched in a while. xD

Date: 2019-03-07 21:01:45

Ooh I'm looking forward to what you have planned, ZZAZZ! Looking at github is making me want to continue working on my Sonic 1 Game Gear disassembly. :V Does anyone else have the same issue as me? I start projects, get bored with said projects, start new ones, then I end up going back to projects I haven't touched in a while. xD
half of the dev community has that issue

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2019-03-08 19:46:00
Yeah you're right about that. :V I feel like I let people down when I don't finish my projects though. *shrugs* Maybe one day I'll get one of my major projects done.