Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 277

Re: The Member's Guide to Topiclessness

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2020-03-18 17:57:17

"If you cure the Coronavirus, it wins."
-Justin Trudeau, probably.

This became dated within a matter of hours. I'm surprised he's actually closing Canada's borders at all; that's not very progressive in Current Year.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2020-03-18 23:44:28

Don't worry about the news. <3

Hard to ignore the news when it's happening in your town. :(

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2020-03-19 05:17:14
I relate with that Missing? NO!; me too, everywhere is closing down.

Sometimes worry is volitional; in other words - we cannot control our emotions, it's impossible. However, you can always ride with them. When you trust your gut, "the fears that once controlled me can't get to me at all", which is probably why things like memes are so effective.

I hate to be resentful because in a way I'm doing the same thing as them because opinion - the elephant in the room so to speak; 53 deaths from Coronavirus from a cold perspective is not necessarily breaking news ("breaking" is a subjective word with loaded connotations. Meanwhile other deaths may remain unreported), and it is only specific variations that are lethal (the population of a country is millions). In statistics there is also room for omission of important data (how many deaths from Coronavirus are of the 'lethal' type and how many are of the 'harmless' type; how many deaths from common cold are ignored and regarded as not a pandemic, age ranges of lethal cases), and systematic bias.

Sorry that I minimised it though :(, I wasn't sure what to say.

Date: 2020-03-19 09:10:30
Hey Siivagunner I hear your cry. :( <3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yljO93azJMs

Date: 2020-03-28 13:30:40
I built my first computer! Works like a dream.

Here's a link to what it looks like.
Here's a link to the build.

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2020-04-01 11:26:52
Hope everyone is safe and healthy in the current COVID-19 situation, and my thanks to any healthcare or similar dangerous occupation workers if they happen to be reading this. Have found myself looking at forums and stuff online from the past a lot lately with the quarantine and still remember GCL as the first forum I ever posted to :)

Date: 2020-04-01 22:00:16
Hey, long time no see! I remember you from waaaay back when. Hope you're doing well and hopefully I'll see you around here more often.

Date: 2020-04-27 23:24:57
How's COVID going for yall?

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2020-04-28 18:29:29

How's COVID going for yall?

I've learned that my daily lifestyle is called "quarantine."

Date: 2020-04-28 21:08:47
Lol. I don't see how you can do it, Bert. I've been quarantined for basically 6 weeks and I feel like I'm going nuts.

Date: 2020-04-30 14:26:01
RAWR https://youtube.com/watch?v=frgtm4x2QFI ;

Posted by: lapras
Date: 2020-05-05 00:26:45

Lol. I don't see how you can do it, Bert. I've been quarantined for basically 6 weeks and I feel like I'm going nuts.

Just don't have irl friends. Simple as that.

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2020-05-05 11:25:54
I am out of work again this week. Back at the end of March, I was out for two weeks. I work again next week, but for only two days since my birthday is next Wednesday. (I'm going to be 30…) After that, I'm off again for two more weeks. Some businesses have already opened yesterday here in my state, but not every place is opened yet. My job is considered "essential", since we make freezers and coolers for grocery stores. Hopefully you all have been doing well. :)

Date: 2020-05-05 11:38:39
I'm good thanks ^^ hope you're well too. That's a cool (pun intended) job. Happy birthday for then! :D

Date: 2020-05-16 15:20:25
Generation II : "Metal" generation. CasualPokePlayer: "Rat" Flat-kun. 2020: Year of Metal Rat. ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED! ^^

[img]https://i.imgur.com/pLNoV0d.png[/img]