Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 246

Re: The Glitchy Thread of Topiclessness (#3)

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2018-08-18 14:33:30
Tabbender, that avatar would be perfect if you rotated the MissingNo. in the bottom right the way it happens after you view its stats.

Yeah, I'm implying he looks at anything else on here after totally killing it in that Pomeg glitch thread

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2018-08-22 13:00:22
All hail our new overlord, JacPidgey! Distant cousin of Jacred (Trainer class 0).

[img]https://i.imgur.com/gLVH8lP.png[/img]

Date: 2018-08-29 12:19:23
*half awake, phone vibrates*

*pick it up*

Me: …Yeah?

Automated voice: (something about suspicious activity on my card)

Me: f**k.

Voice: Press 1 to speak to a representative now. Press 2 to–

*presses 1, notices the number*

Dude: Hello. (Bunch of generic credit card stuff).

Me: I'm sorry, I don't have any card with a bank from this area code.

Dude: (Generic banking stuff to sidestep my inquiry and make the next sentence sound less awkward). How many credit cards do you have?

Me: (still half awake, figures it's harmless) *answers*

Dude: (More generic stuff). What is the balance on that card?

Me: I don't have that information on me right now.

Dude: I can put you on hold while you check.

Me: (pauses) *makes up a random believable number*

Dude: Okay. And what type of card is it? Visa? MasterCard?

Me: Sorry, but what bank is this?

Dude: We are a company that manages J.P. Morgan, Chase, Bank of America, *proceeds to list every bank under the sun*

Me: (doesn't get the hint) Okay, but I still don't have a card from the area code you're calling from.

Dude: (pauses) Could you just tell me what credit card company it is?

Me: (figures I might be confusing him as I don't know this stuff well) *answers*

Dude: Okay. Thank you. We're responsible for Visa, MasterCard, *proceeds to list credit card companies, less than the amount of banks as he knew my answer*

Me: (still too asleep to put two and two together, in a hurry to make breakfast and stuff) What information do you need right now?

Dude: Could you get the card out for a minute?

*finally catches on, hangs up*

—–

Kind of wish I'd given a funny one-liner or something. Glad I dodged that one though, especially considering how obvious it was looking back now. The automated message really threw me off.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-08-30 16:06:09

Tabbender, that avatar would be perfect if you rotated the MissingNo. in the bottom right–

My brain automatically stopped reading there as part of its "Anti-Loss" defense program.

>_<

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2018-08-31 23:14:27
Finished my first summer internship in a corporate office. Hello, freedom (for two weeks, before college starts again)

Date: 2018-08-31 23:25:39
Not bad! You're going places. :)

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2018-09-01 12:36:36

Finished my first summer internship in a corporate office. Hello, freedom (for two weeks, before college starts again)

Awesome. Congrats! :D

Looking forward to Nintendo Switch online. Been obsessed with arcade style games recently like in particular Nintendo Archives: Sky Skipper and it'll be fun to challenge others with the bonus NES games.

Date: 2018-09-03 02:11:45
The Switch Online is a fraud. NES games? Come on, we want ACTUAL VIRTUAL CONSOLE, THANK YOU. And now, backing up saves requires PAYING. Great.

Date: 2018-09-03 13:26:44
The Somnium Files and Nelke are my only two reasons to get a Switch at present. With both a 3DS and Vita I can either play or emulate any other game I might care about without the awkwardness of a keyboard or big screen.

Date: 2018-09-03 17:57:22
Dunno, the Switch has really good games. You might not be into their kind of games, though, which is a perfectly valid reason not to buy a console :P

Date: 2018-09-03 19:17:55

Not bad! You're going places. :)

Awesome. Congrats! :D

Thank you both!

And yeah, not too thrilled about Switch online. I'm hoping the service is better than what Nintendo has previously pushed out since it's now a service you have to pay for, but I'm skeptical. Thankfully you can bring down the cost per month by opting for a family plan. Might be something to consider for everyone here if you all want to be on the same plan.

Date: 2018-09-04 00:16:13
Please note that a family plan has a wider scope than just family. A group of friends of mine have their own plan, now :D
And, it's worth it starting from 2 ~ 3 people in the plan, too.

Date: 2018-09-04 20:09:01

Please note that a family plan has a wider scope than just family. A group of friends of mine have their own plan, now :D
And, it's worth it starting from 2 ~ 3 people in the plan, too.

Can you already purchase family plans now? I didn't think you'd be able to purchase plans until the service actually launched.

Date: 2018-09-05 01:36:47
As far as I'm aware, yes, you can already.

Date: 2018-09-05 20:06:29
Link? I can't find where to do that.