Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 171

Re: The Member's Guide to Topiclessness

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-11-12 15:39:09
I, however, am treating infinity almost like a variable. I have no idea if I'm right, but I'll explain how I got to that conclusion.

Take pi. Pi=3.14…, but you can still put it into equations, with the symbol . You can write out 3xy++9=3.

Of course, pi is a number that states the circimfrence of a circle, but is an endless number, like infinity. Why couldn't you do the same thing with infinity, but with a different symbol? Why not 3xy++9=?
(I'm sure you know this, but just in case you don't, is the symbol for infinity.)

Like I said earlier, though, I could be completely wrong, but meh, I'd rather be totally wrong than not guess at all. One time, on an English test in 5th grade, I completely and totally guessed and still got it right.

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-11-12 16:21:50

I, however, am treating infinity almost like a variable. I have no idea if I'm right, but I'll explain how I got to that conclusion.

Take pi. Pi=3.14…, but you can still put it into equations, with the symbol . You can write out 3xy++9=3.

Of course, pi is a number that states the circimfrence of a circle, but is an endless number, like infinity. Why couldn't you do the same thing with infinity, but with a different symbol? Why not 3xy++9=?
(I'm sure you know this, but just in case you don't, is the symbol for infinity.)

Like I said earlier, though, I could be completely wrong, but meh, I'd rather be totally wrong than not guess at all. One time, on an English test in 5th grade, I completely and totally guessed and still got it right.

Infinity is a concept, a theory. It cannot be treated as a variable because no number can define it. Pi, however, can be defined in a number, it is just an irrational number.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-11-12 16:49:45
11-12-2009 – This account has been banned from posting any further messages on GameFAQs. Bans are only given out by the site administrator, and only for severe and/or repeated TOS violations. This ban is permanent; this account can no longer be used.

You have been banned from this site.

But how? O_o

Date: 2009-11-12 16:55:42

Infinity is a concept, a theory. It cannot be treated as a variable because no number can define it. Pi, however, can be defined in a number, it is just an irrational number.

Very true.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-11-12 17:04:13

11-12-2009 – This account has been banned from posting any further messages on GameFAQs. Bans are only given out by the site administrator, and only for severe and/or repeated TOS violations. This ban is permanent; this account can no longer be used.

But how? O_o
What did they say you did?

Date: 2009-11-12 17:10:06

But how? O_o
It DOESN'T say.
It would be nice if someone would go onto the game board hellhole(game boards without topicality can be posted on freely) and ask HOW I was banned

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-11-12 17:44:18

Very true.

Just out of curiosity, what sorts of problems could be solved using to represent infinity? The question to the Great Answer of Life (42), perhaps?

Date: 2009-11-12 17:50:51

Very true.

Just out of curiosity, what sorts of problems could be solved using to represent infinity? The question to the Great Answer of Life (42), perhaps?
2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2… = Infinity

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-11-12 21:36:00
Congrats to Zowayix on the promotion to Local Mod!

Date: 2009-11-12 21:43:09
Yeah, congratulations Zowayix, or, as tachi so famously called you on the occasion of your birthday, 'hentai dude'.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-11-13 11:42:18

But how? O_o
It DOESN'T say.
It would be nice if someone would go onto the game board hellhole(game boards without topicality can be posted on freely) and ask HOW I was banned

It's called email, fivex fawfulthethird.

Posted by: :56 ERROR
Date: 2009-11-13 11:44:03

So that's who he was.

God I've been off too long.

Date: 2009-11-13 16:18:29

But how? O_o
It DOESN'T say.

Interesting fact: They didnt send a e-mail
Interesting fact: I have 521 unread messages in my e-mail

Date: 2009-11-13 16:20:01
Interesting Fact: I once had 843 unread messages in my Yahoo e-mail (the one in my profile).

I did eventually clean it out, though.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-11-13 18:05:40
Not very interesting fact: I have never had more than three unread messages in my inbox. Ever. Similarly, my desktop has never had more than 10 items on it, and I have never had more than 10 windows open simultaneously.