Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 273

Re: The Member's Guide to Topiclessness

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-11-09 21:26:03
Speaking of numbers, nobody post any new topics! …Uh, ever! XD

[img]https://i.imgur.com/IeCL2xV.png[/img]

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2019-11-09 23:23:30

Speaking of numbers, nobody post any new topics! …Uh, ever! XD

[img]https://i.imgur.com/IeCL2xV.png[/img]

We Satan now.

Posted by: Yuzihax
Date: 2019-11-10 11:53:00
the real satan was the friends we made along the way

Date: 2019-11-10 18:45:35

Like this guy?

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2019-11-10 23:46:46

Like this guy?

What an absolutely based, and dare I say it, redpilled user name.

Date: 2019-11-11 01:45:36

Like this guy?

What an absolutely based, and dare I say it, redpilled user name.
Hahaha, I must be behind on the times if I still read that by default as a compliment. Makes me wonder what more of the attitude that led an admin to make that account would lead to here nowadays.

Date: 2019-11-11 13:56:37
lmfao i just vaguely remember that account being made.

man, now that i'm thinking about it boy howdy do i miss forum shenanigans.

Date: 2019-11-12 22:49:08
Changed his postcount back to 666, in the name of forum shenanigans.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2019-11-13 03:10:10
I have to edit the name as it's outdated compared to the one on the old Gammapedia.  Iirc it was The_KiNG of Evil but I'd have to check because it was a reference to someone in the IRC channel named The_KiNG or otherwise

Date: 2019-11-13 04:34:53

I have to edit the name as it's outdated compared to the one on the old Gammapedia.  Iirc it was The_KiNG of Evil but I'd have to check because it was a reference to someone in the IRC channel named The_KiNG or otherwise
Holy fuck, I had no clue there was LORE for GCLF horseplay! This is too good. :D

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2019-11-13 14:12:08
Satanic Nazi guy has quite the story. That's not even the latest revision, as it made it to Infinitypedia before being deleted (along with all of the Gammasphere stuff).

I don't remember how he ended up in GCLF actually, or if he started here and was added to Gammapedia later. I might have to dig up some IRC logs about it, but Q4 2007 was a weird time for multiple reasons.

{{Underconstruction}}

'''…''' is a notorious villain known as one of the most evil beings in the [[Gammasphere]] universe and possibly the rest of the Exoverse, a title for which he has gladly accepted for himself. Originally born without a name or a face and referred to as '''No-Name''' or '''No-Face''' by others, he grew in power and evil by taking from other villains that he perceived as evil.

By essentially "hugging" someone else, he is able to absorb a portion of their power, and in doing so, adopts a part of their appearance, clothing, and name, and takes credit for the crimes they have committed. The absorption process is often, but not necessarily, fatal, and depends on his ability and willingness to drain the victim entirely. If non-fatal, the victim ends up feeling tired and drained for several days.

Found as a faceless baby left at an orphanage, he was raised poorly by his caretakers and never given an actual name. Because of his disability associated with lacking a face, he relied on a government-funded device that allowed him to see, hear, breathe, and eat. Other children teased him mercilessly, and he often got into fights with them, occasionally beating up those who were weaker than him. The adults never did anything about any of this. Because of this poor treatment, he grew bitter and distrustful of others, and wanted nothing less than to hurt them.

One day, being clumsy, he tripped over a rock at school, stumbled around, and bumped into a barrel of radioactive waste left outside near the school gates. It tipped over and splashed everywhere, including onto his clothing and face. Exposure to this radiation gave him a new power, the ability to absorb other beings, and he soon realized this in a schoolyard fight with Steve Addison, a bully that had tormented him for a long time.

He was targeted and killed by [[Izwzyzx]] for the many crimes he did in fact commit with his stolen powers.

== Absorption ==

=== List of victims he absorbed ===

In order from earliest to latest:
* Steve Addison ''(as No-Name)''
* Nathan Steller ''(as Steve Addison)''
* b3nt ''(as Nateve Stellson)''
* vegas999 ''(as Nat3v3 St33lson)''
* lucidmirror ''(as Nat3v3 St33l999)''
* xXcrimsonXx ''(as lucidNat3v3St33l999)''
*  ''(as xXlucidNat3v333999Xx)''

=== List of victims he plans to absorb ===

== Crimes that he claims to have committed ==

* Teaching noobs how to use the Internet
* Many instances of computer crimes, including unlawful access of other people's computers
* Mass counterfeiting of transportation tickets
* Many counts of bank fraud for money
* Forced absorption of many victims
* Murder of thousands of people
* Genocide of close to a billion people

[[Category:Characters]]
[[Category:Villains]]

Date: 2019-11-13 17:38:56

Changed his postcount back to 666, in the name of forum shenanigans.

hell yeah [size=3pt]get it? hell yeah? cause its the hell number?[/size][size=2pt]god i'm so alone[/size]

Oh shit I'd completely forgotten about Gammapedia! This is so fucking cool to read through after all these years. Didn't think I'd done too much with it back when it was the Hot New Thing but when I check my user contributions it seems like I was up to a little bit of stuff.

…just about all of which is absolutely dreadful to read through holy shit lmfao. I leaned super hardcore into that "lel so randumb xDDDDDD" lane. Of course it was 2007 though and pretty much everyone my age did, haha.

What a time capsule, man. It's weird to read stuff that's just about as old today as I was when I wrote it.

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-11-14 00:37:02
my Ryzen 3990x, fastest DDR4 128GB RAM kit, RAID 0+1 M.2 array and dual Radeon Vega build isn't fast enough for me!!! AMD make better parts quick plox!!!!!!

bruh

if absolute-top-of-the-line consumer hardware isn't enough for you go drop $50k on a bleeding-edge dual-EPYC setup with 2TB of RAM and 2x2 AMD Radeon Vega array.

(Legit got this as a legit complaint in my tech server. Dude thinks any game running, and I quote, "below 1000FPS when using 4k HDR packs" is absolutely unacceptable. This man is also dead serious.)

Date: 2019-11-14 00:56:58
Even our eyes aren't 1000 FPS!

Was Gammapedia basically a way for you guys to worldbuild?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2019-11-14 05:23:18
I get the impression lots of us here are quite creative so GammaPedia InfinityPedia etc. understandable; and on that note science and imagination were once seen distinct but science is silently catching up so they can be understandable in both concepts under both logic and ideology.