Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 220

Re: The Member's Guide to Topiclessness

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2016-09-09 21:35:16
The difference between Michael Larson's victory and what I saw earlier is that Steve's victory was left entirely to chance - the odds were completely against him. Larson memorized the board's patterns (few as they were) in order to land on the panels he wanted and win a fuckload of money.

Poor Michael, though. Nothing ever went right for him ;-;7

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2016-09-09 22:14:49
I was browsing the website Wikindex out of boredom and found a wiki which gathers articles deleted from Wikipedia. On it is this old gem about 'M, Charizard 'M and 3TrainerPoké as well as a deleted page about Glitch City.

It even links to old Glitch City pages, such as hanzou's mirror of a page about Fossil and Ghost Missingno. from Pokémon Paranormal Research Laboratories; one of our ancestors.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2016-09-09 22:52:39
It literally took me two clicks of the "Random page" button to find a page about some guy's fictional character.

This is my favorite part, from the very end of it:

He is the perfect man in the existing world

Although the bit about Earth being 7000billion (yes, 3 zeroes) years old is pretty funny too.

Then there's this, from an article some guy made about himself:

"Hi Ladies my names James Andrew Petre, and i have the second fastest car in the car park"

Look out, ladies! James Andrew Petre's on the loose, and you'll be going slower than the other cars on the road!

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-09-24 14:42:47
I have copied a forum game from GCL to a different forum because:
a) it's way more fun in Polish
b)GCL's variant was dying.
I hope you're not mad.

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2016-09-24 23:15:34
Corruptions: proof that ASM is a BITCH to program in.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2016-09-25 03:51:06
Yeniaul : try Brainfuck. I've created a few programs as well as a Python, non-optimized interpreter. I never could finish a program that searches something in a (non-ordered) list.

I think ASM is quite cool to work with (barring the limited number of registers, that is). Just make sure your pointers are ALWAYS valid. Usually doing some bounds checking on array indexes is sufficient.

Date: 2016-09-25 04:25:32
Yeniaul and ISSOtm
I also reccomend the Real Time Corruptor (RTC for short) because it's just like self-hacking Blue\Gold\Crystal, but it supports most (if not all) games, it's multiplatform and can corrupt more areas. It also comes with modded BizHawk.

Date: 2016-09-25 06:17:51
Oh, you meant THAT by "corruptions" ! Sorry, I don't like this kind of thing.  :P

Date: 2016-09-25 12:29:20

Yeniaul and ISSOtm
I also reccomend the Real Time Corruptor (RTC for short) because it's just like self-hacking Blue\Gold\Crystal, but it supports most (if not all) games, it's multiplatform and can corrupt more areas. It also comes with modded BizHawk.
I have the download page bookmarked AND I was (am?) a betatester.

Date: 2016-09-29 18:43:54
I've been developing my own RPG for 3 months by now, and I realized that my experience in glitches came to be super useful when it came to planning the game's flow for it to be as glitchless as possible.

So I'd like to thank you all, because yeah, the time I spent here proved useful !
It's also a thank you for all the fun this site provided :D

Date: 2016-09-29 19:26:18

I've been developing my own RPG for 3 months by now
Speaking of which, I've been digging around and can't find the file containing the dialog. File name?

Date: 2016-09-30 00:52:50
The dialog for the "lady" in the test map ? Check out TEST.c, the strings are in the middle of some other (yet heavily related) data

Date: 2016-09-30 11:57:13
I can't get my Randomized AS to work, rip my 6 months of work.

Date: 2016-09-30 12:46:32
I've noticed the Forum Games have been quite inactive for a while now.

Yet I don't feel like re-activating the monster again.

Date: 2016-09-30 15:08:36

The dialog for the "lady" in the test map ? Check out TEST.c, the strings are in the middle of some other (yet heavily related) data

ah, okay. Thanks!