Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 31

Re: Thread of Topic-lessness

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-12-15 11:07:52
As Abwayax has said, communism would be an excellant form of government if it was executed exactly according to how Marx wanted it to be carried out. Unfortuanately, the leader of the government always seems to gain too much power and control, controlling everything, and completely restricting freedoms. That may sound all right, except they probably have MORENUKES!!! on their side. Using MORENUKES!!!, they could destroy the world. Sadly, communism has never, and likely will never, been performed as it was intended. Why? Because the leaders become greedy and want all the power.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2007-12-15 11:11:55
No I am not a Communist.

Posted by: PichuUmbreon
Date: 2007-12-15 11:21:04

As Abwayax has said, communism would be an excellant form of government if it was executed exactly according to how Marx wanted it to be carried out. Unfortuanately, the leader of the government always seems to gain too much power and control, controlling everything, and completely restricting freedoms. That may sound all right, except they probably have MORENUKES!!! on their side. Using MORENUKES!!!, they could destroy the world. Sadly, communism has never, and likely will never, been performed as it was intended. Why? Because the leaders become greedy and want all the power.

Except, would a Communist government be good if it was run by a I, Robot-style robot?

Because they have to follow the Three Laws of Robotics, and the first law states: A robot may not harm a human being, or through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

And, you know how technology is advancing these days…

Date: 2007-12-15 11:25:56
That would just be creepy.

Date: 2007-12-15 11:26:46
Are you trying to impose your beliefs upon us Kyouki?

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-12-15 15:17:24

Except, would a Communist government be good if it was run by a I, Robot-style robot?

Because they have to follow the Three Laws of Robotics, and the first law states: A robot may not harm a human being, or through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

No. Zeroth Law: "No robot may harm humanity, or through inaction, allow humanity to come to harm". Asimov introduces this concept in "The Evitable Conflict" (which is at the end of I, Robot) and further develops it in his later Robot novels.

Date: 2007-12-15 22:44:16

Are you trying to impose your beliefs upon us Kyouki?

No.

No. Zeroth Law: "No robot may harm humanity, or through inaction, allow humanity to come to harm". Asimov introduces this concept in "The Evitable Conflict" (which is at the end of I, Robot) and further develops it in his later Robot novels.

The Zeroth Law also works.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-12-20 09:13:04
Umm…could I get back to the saga of smiley ZZAZZ?

Date: 2007-12-20 09:26:09
Provided the John Lennon smiley appears in it as well!

Or...

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-12-20 09:45:40
Or would you rather me keep the suspense for longer and show translations of the Latin?

Date: 2007-12-20 09:47:56
Post in English, because nobody actually speaks Latin anymore. (Sorry if I sounded rude, but, well, that's the truth…)

Date: 2007-12-20 10:43:14
People say this thread needs to be moderated more. Is that correct? XD

Date: 2007-12-20 10:44:56
Who said that?

Posted by: hoggins
Date: 2007-12-20 10:51:09

The problem is that the power-hungry $#!Ts out there would simply just unite & take over, & from then on we'd be back to what happened with Marx's plan.

Date: 2007-12-20 10:52:52
Communism always ends up failing. If we could remove the greed from people it could work. But we never will.